The Challenge Factory discussion

The Crimson Petal and the White
This topic is about The Crimson Petal and the White
2017 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Sandy & Leo - The Crimson Petal and the White

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5594 comments Mod
Sandy & Leo - The Crimson Petal and the White

message 2: by SandyC (new) - added it

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1127 comments I'm excited to finally read this!
Do you have a preferred start date?
Do you like formal or informal buddy reads?

Leo(nie) (lemongreen_bird) | 311 comments Hi Sandy, I'd like to start this somewhere in the middle of the month, if that's no problem for you :)
I prefer infromal buddy reads, how about you?

message 4: by SandyC (new) - added it

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1127 comments same here, and mid-month works fine.

Leo(nie) (lemongreen_bird) | 311 comments I read the first chapter today, and I'm not quite sure if I like the writing style or not.

message 6: by SandyC (new) - added it

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1127 comments It is a bit distracting, but when the author just describes what's going on instead of saying "you" it's much better. I thought the descriptions were really excellent at evoking the atmosphere.

Leo(nie) (lemongreen_bird) | 311 comments The atmosphere is great, no doubt. But it's just like you said, every time the author addresses me I get pulled out of the story.
I just started chapter three.

Leo(nie) (lemongreen_bird) | 311 comments Just finished chapter 10. I'm more invested in the story and I'm getting used to the writing style. But it's rather lengthy at some points, don't you think?

message 9: by SandyC (new) - added it

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1127 comments you are way ahead of me. I need to finish a book for a team challenge, then I can get back to this one.

message 10: by SandyC (new) - added it

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1127 comments I finished part one. I think the writing is really good. You can almost smell the poverty. I want to make some predictions on where the story is going, but I'm probably wrong. :-)