What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Novel that was a modern retelling of Snow White

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3 comments It was an adult novel based on Snow White, with a female protagonist who gets lost in the woods and goes to live with seven men (I don't think they were actually dwarves in the book). There were romance elements, but it wasn't a romance novel. I took it out from the library when I was a pre-teen in the mid-90s, so the pub date is at least 20 years ago.

message 3: by Rosa (last edited Jan 31, 2017 09:35AM) (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4973 comments That's a completely different story. Check this list: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (cat_astrophe) | 84 comments Was the main character named Snow White? Also, do you remember who she ended up with?

message 5: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 855 comments Was it set in the real world (modern or historical) or a fantasy world?

message 6: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (swynn68) | 76 comments Well, jeez. I remember having a mass-market paperback in the late nineties that was a retelling of Snow White which I thought I'd suggest. I thought its title was "Snow," but it appears that's not the case. I did find this, though:

Snow: A Retelling of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Probably not what you're looking for since it was published in 2006. Now I want to know what book I remember owning ... thanks a lot. :)

message 7: by Tathariell (new)

Tathariell | 171 comments possibly The Godmother? The snow white arc is not the main storyline, but that character does hide in the woods with seven Vietnam vets, instead of dwarves.
The goodreads description seems like a bunch of half sentences chopped from the back of the book, and just contains bits of the different elements in the story.

message 8: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (swynn68) | 76 comments Update on message 6: I'm pretty sure now that the book I had was Suisan. Unfortunately, it's also not the one you're looking for because its dwarves were actually dwarves.

message 9: by Jamie (last edited Feb 02, 2017 11:50AM) (new)

Jamie Dacyczyn (readsintrees) | 264 comments This is 2000 instead of 90's, but maybe? White as Snow by Tanith Lee I only suggest it because Snow White has a romantic relationship with one of the dwarves....

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37356 comments Mod
Katie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?