2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Tracey's February 2017 book list

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (last edited Feb 27, 2017 12:42AM) (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments ✔ ★ ☞ ☊

Carry over from January
When Christ and His Saints Slept by Sharon Kay Penman (book 1 in the Plantagenets)
✔ ☊ A Place of Execution by Val McDermid ★★★★☆
The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame ★★★★★

Books to choose from
New in February
The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly (book 14 in the Harry Bosch series) ★★★★☆
Precious and Grace by Alexander McCall Smith (no. 17 in the No. 1 Ladies Detective series)
Rules of Crime by L J Sellers (book 7 in the Detective Jackson series)
Haunted in Death by J D Robb (book 22.5 in the In Death series) ★★★☆☆
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
The Pianist: The Extraordinary Story of One Man's Survival in Warsaw, 1939–45 by Wladyslaw Szpilman
☞ ☊ You by Caroline Kepness (book 1 in the You series)
✔ ☊ As The Crow Flies by Damien Boyd (book 1 in the DI Nick Dixon series) ★★★★☆
✔ ☊ The Bertie Project by Alexander McCall Smith (book 11 in the 44 Scotland Street series) ★★★★☆

From January
The Scent of Murder by Felicity Young (book 3 in the Dr Dody McCleland series) ★★★★☆
The Second Empress: A Novel of Napoleon's Court by Michelle Moran
East of the Sun by Julia Gregson

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10511 comments Mod
I loved Sarah's Key and hope you enjoy!

I'm so jealous of your progress in the Detective Jackson series. I have ALL of the audiobooks and need to prioritize these books.

Great looking choices.

message 3: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Thanks Jonetta!

I have been wanting to read Sarah's Key for ages.

So many series to prioritise -it's hard!

message 4: by Sharmon (new)

Sharmon (tpgirl) | 251 comments I read Sarah's key last year and loved it.....I had seen the movie years ago and it was done well well also. (I didn't realize it was a novel when I rented it.)

message 5: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments I really feel like Sarah's Key is a must for this month!

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2184 comments If the pianist is the movie I watched years ago starting Adrian Brody that will be a heartbreaker. I remember losing it towards the end . I almost want to say find out if their is a soundtrack cd to go with it.

message 7: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments It looks like it is the same Michelle! I'll be sure to have the tissues ready!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2440 comments As always you have such a great list :) Enjoy your reading.

message 9: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Have a great month reading Tracey. I hope you enjoy When Christ and His Saints Slept.

message 10: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4069 comments Mod
Michelle wrote: "If the pianist is the movie I watched years ago starting Adrian Brody that will be a heartbreaker. I remember losing it towards the end . I almost want to say find out if their is a soundtrack cd t..."

I loved that movie. Adrian Brody was wonderful in it.

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4069 comments Mod
Hope you enjoy your books this month, Tracey.

I'll also be continuing the Dody McClelland series with book #2.

message 12: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "As always you have such a great list :) Enjoy your reading."

Thanks Kris!

message 13: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Angela wrote: "Have a great month reading Tracey. I hope you enjoy When Christ and His Saints Slept."

Thanks Angela. I am loving it so far. She is such a great writer!

message 14: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Lauren wrote: "Hope you enjoy your books this month, Tracey.

I'll also be continuing the Dody McClelland series with book #2."

Thanks Lauren. Really I hope I get to the Dody McClelland this month - a series I enjoy!

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2142 comments I hope you enjoy your books Tracey!

message 16: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Off to a slow start this month! Finally finished my first book, The Wind in the Willows.

message 17: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Just finished listening to The Place of Execution. A great read albeit a bit wordy at times.

message 18: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments I have finished The Bertie Project on audible - another great instalment in the 44 Scotland Street series. Also means I am up to date with the series although I am sure the author will bring another book out in the series before the year is out!

message 19: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10511 comments Mod
Congrats on catching up!