Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense discussion

The Crossing (Harry Bosch, #18; Harry Bosch Universe, #27)
This topic is about The Crossing
Archives > February 2017 - Final thoughts **Spoilers Allowed** - The Crossing

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brenda | 8867 comments Mod
Final thoughts (and reviews if you'd like) on The Crossing The Crossing (Harry Bosch, #20; Mickey Haller, #7; Harry Bosch Universe, #25) by Michael Connelly by Michael Connelly

message 2: by Cameron (new) - added it

Cameron Wiggins I had won The Crossing in a give-away, and I was excited as Michael Connelly is one of my favorite authors. The Crossing came up for a monthly group read that I participate, and I finally read this novel - and loved it. Connelly is most-surely IMHO amongst the top of the heap of American police procedural literature. He never ceases to blow my mind.
A lot of people do not find police procedurals as exciting as other crime fiction. This does not make them a bad book. You know what I mean. There are certain facts and details to cover. However, Michael Connelly is one of those writers that can keep a writer glued to the book not wanting to put it down. He covers the bases, too. All loose ends are covered. Characterization and plot are well-thought out and tied together or whatever. Harry Bosch is an excellent genre character. All of this holds up in The Crossing to make this book a very good read.
The Crossing begins with Harry Bosch retired from the police force. He is sort of settling into retirement and looking forward to it. Then his step-brother, a Lincoln Lawyer, Mickey Haller, calls and needs him. His detective has been put out of commission, and Haller needs a detective badly. He is defending a man in a murder case that has very strong evidence against him, but Haller is convinced that he is innocent. But, he needs evidence and proof to clear his client.
Harry needs to think about this hard. He is very torn. He wants to help, especially if the person is innocent. However, the police have a very bad opinion of policeman who retire and then go into PI work. Guess what his decision is.
And, thus, a very intricate, suspenseful, and entertaining story begins. Harry needs access to information that he is used to researching. He calls upon his old partner Lucy Soto to help him. Harry sniffs out one clue, and then another. His investigation has obvious results. Who is responsible?
I would have no trouble recommending Michael Connelly’s The Crossing to any reader of police procedurals or legal thrillers, or murder suspense and thrillers. I believe that readers of all of these genres of crime fiction and more readers would enjoy this book. Michael Connelly has written many books in the Harry Bosch series. And, The Crossing is quite away into the Harry Bosch series. However, it does not matter when you read this one. After all, it is not if Bosch will not live to solve another case … at least for awhile. Bosch rocks. Easy 4-stars.

Cam

message 3: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brenda | 8867 comments Mod
Good you enjoyed it Cam..I agree with you about the author. He's got what it takes! I'm looking forward to reading my copy soon :)

Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Crossing (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michael Connelly (other topics)