World, Writing, Wealth discussion

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments How many books do you want to write?

message 2: by Bernard (new)

Bernard Boley (bernard_boley) | 126 comments I never asked myself that question. I finished my first novel at the end of last October and have 3 book projects on the table one of which I'll be starting in a month or so.

As long as I can type on my computer or dictate on my digital recorder, I'll keep writing.

I'll try to come up with an equation based on my average word per day multiplied by the number of my writing days per year divided by 80 000 words (average novel length) and see what it gives considering my life expectency. LOL

message 3: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments Bernard wrote: "I never asked myself that question. I finished my first novel at the end of last October and have 3 book projects on the table one of which I'll be starting in a month or so.

As long as I can type..."

That's great. I think a lot depends on energy and how well the brain works till the end.

message 4: by Bernard (new)

Bernard Boley (bernard_boley) | 126 comments Mehreen wrote: "That's great. I think a lot depends on energy and how well the brain works till the end..."

I often feel as if it was an addiction. Hey! I just came out with new psycho problem: Compulsive writer syndrome. I hope it's uncurable. Ah! Hell! I looked it up, and it's called Hypergraphia. LOL

message 5: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13481 comments Bernard wrote: "Hypergraphia. LOL..."

-:)

message 6: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13481 comments Mehreen wrote: "How many books do you want to write?"

We have some meticulous planners on the group, like Graeme and Michael, who know exactly how many books they want to write and have a 'writing plan' for a few years ahead..
Can't boast the same on my part -:)

message 7: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments Nik wrote: "Mehreen wrote: "How many books do you want to write?"

We have some meticulous planners on the group, like Graeme and Michael, who know exactly how many books they want to write and have a 'writing..."

Cool. At least they have a direction unlike some of us.

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael Fattorosi | 477 comments 6

message 9: by Michel (last edited Jan 31, 2017 07:56AM) (new)

Michel Poulin For me, writing is a hobby. As long as I enjoy writing and as long as I have ideas, I will continue producing novels. I have now sixteen novels online and write an average of two new novels per year, so I can still produce a lot of ebooks before I pass away. In fact, right now I have basic scenarios, research material and titles ready and on stand-by for no less than six future novels...not counting number seventeen, which should be ready in 1-2 months.

message 10: by Eric (new)

Eric Klein (wheelguyeric102963) | 20 comments it's taking me years to write one book

message 11: by Philip (new)

Philip (phenweb) Michel wrote: "For me, writing is a hobby. As long as I enjoy writing and as long as I have ideas, I will continue producing novels. I have now sixteen novels online and write an average of two new novels per yea..."

I wish I was that prolific and had the time - I have 9 out and one nearly ready plus several in development but probably won't happen stage.

message 12: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments Michael wrote: "6"

Why 6. Why not 10?

message 13: by Michael (last edited Jan 31, 2017 08:01PM) (new)

Michael Fattorosi | 477 comments Mehreen wrote: "Michael wrote: "6"

Why 6. Why not 10?"

The story spaces out over 6 novels since I am writing about historical fiction over a span of 1000 years. All of the novels are based in accurate historical fact. And I was able to find 4 time periods 1099, 1173, 1440, 1570 where something interesting happened in my family history that would lend itself to a novel. The first book is present day and the last novel is set 30 years in the future.

I could put another book into the mix in the 13th or 14th century. But the most interesting thing that happen then was the family married into the family of Saint Thomas Aquinas (Tommaso d'Aquino). No exactly an earth shattering story line.

I suppose I could see if I could find something in the 17th or 18th century to write about.

I have a trip planned back to Naples to try to examine the 17th century records of another ancestor who was a notary. His personal archives at stored at the Italian State Archives in Naples. His are some of the oldest personal archives in their possession so Im having trouble getting them to pull them out and let me examine them. Might be something juicy in there.

So maybe I can stretch it to 7 novels if I find something interesting in his archive AND (here's the big and) if Im getting enough interest to add another book in there.

I cannot imagine getting to 10... lol

message 14: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments Michael wrote: "Mehreen wrote: "Michael wrote: "6"

Why 6. Why not 10?"

The story spaces out over 6 novels since I am writing about historical fiction over a span of 1000 years. All of the novels are based in ac..."

That explains.

message 15: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Rodaughan | 7229 comments At least 15.

That's what I've got planned, I also have a dystopian, sci-fi (no vampires and set 25 years from now) with a female protagonist, in the wings which I envisage as a trilogy. So that would make 18.