Play Book Tag discussion

Archives 2016-2017 > Underground Airlines by Ben H. Winters

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 195 comments Underground Airlines By Ben H. Winters
4 Stars

This is an alternate-what- if history was different story. It takes place in modern day America, where everything is the same except for one thing. The Civil War never happened and slavery is still legal. The story follows Victor a black man who works as a bounty hunter. He catches a new case that requires him to go undercover into an anti-slavery movement called the Underground Airlines. This experience changes his life.

I am a huge Ben H. Winters fan and I think this is the best thing he has written in awhile. I liked The Last Policeman trilogy, but this a lot better. I listened to the audio book and the narrator did an amazing job. His voice sounded like those old noir detective movies only with 21st century swearing. I also for once did not predict the ending, which was enjoyable, but also disturbing given the subject of the plot twist. Highly recommended book.

message 2: by Olivermagnus (new)

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 1867 comments I listened to the audio and absolutely agrre with you on how well it was done. I thought about this books for days after I read it and recommend it to everyone. I've never read anything else by Ben Winters but plan to read the first volume of the Last Policeman in February.