Canterbary Tales discussion

Underneath It All > Shannon

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrisreads31) | 23 comments Mod
Was Lauren the friend that Shannon needed or the mother figure she never had? Or was Lauren the example of how to be a friend with females that Shannon needed? Does that make sense? I always felt that the Walsh family was so busy trying to survive Angus' reign of terror that they never really had a chance to be kids and make friends. Nick was really the only other outsider before Lauren. What do you think about Shannon and Lauren's friendship?

message 2: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Rhodes | 2 comments I loved their friendship -- it made it hard to watch Shannon keep it from Lauren in TC. I understood why she didn't share, but I know it was hard on her to avoid Lauren.

Also -- I am so impressed with Lauren's friendship "skills"! She finds a way to prioritize every person who confides in her and not take sides. It's like no one can believe how good of a friend she is, then she steps in and is awesome! (Andy and Patrick at the end of TSB)..

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 9 comments I think Lauren was a little of both friend and motherly figure to Shannon as well as all the other Walsh siblings. The way she helped them all through saying goodbye to Angus was very touching.