Paging All Bookworms! discussion

Challenges > February 2017 - What we learned about Book Concierge

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (last edited Jan 30, 2017 01:46PM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2213 comments Mod
February M-o-M Challenge – Book Concierge (Tessa)
Begins: 01Feb17 / Ends: 28Feb17

Our January M.o.M. (Member of the Month) was Book Concierge (Tessa). So this challenge is based on the information she shared about herself.

1. She was in the Army Reserves - read a book with a member of the military (any service branch, any country, war or peace time)

2. Tessa loves Christmas - What's your favorite holiday?

3. Her favorite color is RED; she loves to wear red - Cover image includes an article of clothing that is RED (post the cover)

4. Three of Tessa's favorite authors are Stephen King, Barbara Kingsolver and Edith Wharton - Have you read any books by these authors? And what did you think?

5. Her dream vacation destination is Africa - Read a book set in Africa.

---------------------------------------------------------

Rules of the challenge
Books must be at least 100 pages in length
Re-reads are fine, as long as you actually read the entire book
Book should be finished within the time-frame of the challenge.
Any format ("dead tree," e-book, audio...) is fine.

If you want acknowledgement that you have completed the challenge you MUST include the date you finished reading each book.

As always, have fun!

message 2: by Book Concierge (last edited Feb 06, 2017 12:44PM) (new)

Reserved for list of participants:

Beverly
Koren
Sheila
Skeetor
Tessa (Book Concierge)

message 3: by Skeetor (new)

Skeetor | 159 comments I'm in... :)

2/5

1. She was in the Army Reserves - read a book with a member of the military (any service branch, any country, war or peace time)

✔ 2. Tessa loves Christmas - What's your favorite holiday?
--When forced to pick a favorite, I would have to say Christmas as well.

3. Her favorite color is RED; she loves to wear red - Cover image includes an article of clothing that is RED (post the cover)

✔ 4. Three of Tessa's favorite authors are Stephen King, Barbara Kingsolver and Edith Wharton - Have you read any books by these authors? And what did you think?
-- Stephen King - Read a lot of his earlier books but then he started to seem a little too perverse for me. But the The Shining is still one of the best horror stories I've read.
-- Barbara Kingsolver - I liked her a lot. I first read one of her works during one of these challenges!
-- Edith Wharton - haven't read any as of yet.

message 4: by Sheila (last edited Mar 02, 2017 06:10PM) (new)

Sheila | 357 comments I'm in again. Hopefully I'll get it done before the end of February. I missed January by 30 minutes.

5/5

Hot Combat by Elle James Hot Combat (Ballistic Cowboys #1) by Elle James

I like all of them but I enjoy Thanksgiving because it is all about the eating. I get to eat things I only get once a year.

Size Matters--Alison Bliss Size Matters (A Perfect Fit #1) by Alison Bliss

4. Three of Tessa's favorite authors are Stephen King, Barbara Kingsolver and Edith Wharton - Have you read any books by these authors? And what did you think?

I read one Stephen King, THE COLORADO KID The Colorado Kid by Stephen King . I liked it but it was not his typical book. It was about an urban legend. I have not read Barbara Kingsolver. I have read Edith Wharton but I can never seem to finish her books. I get so mad at the characters.

5. Her dream vacation destination is Africa - Read a book set in Africa. The Listening Palms by Juliet Shore (Tanzania) The Listening Palms (Harlequin Romance, #1299) by Juliet Shore

message 5: by Beverly (last edited Feb 09, 2017 02:02PM) (new)

Beverly (zippymom) | 638 comments February M-o-M Challenge – Book Concierge (Tessa)

Our January M.o.M. (Member of the Month) was Book Concierge (Tessa). So this challenge is based on the information she shared about herself.

The Hamilton Affair by Elizabeth Cobb Finished 2/9

Halloween

Death of a Dapper Snowman (Stormy Day Mystery #1) by Angela Pepper Death of a Dapper Snowman by Angela Pepper Finished 2/5

I've read books by all 3. I've read almost every Stephen King book there is, he's one of my favorites. The Poisonwood Bible and Animal, Vegetable, Miracle are 2 of my favorites. I struggle a bit more with Edith Wharton but have enjoyed several and just read a ghost story by her last month.

Detective Kubu Investigates by Michael Stanley Finished 2/7

message 6: by Book Concierge (last edited Feb 28, 2017 06:39AM) (new)

I guess I'll do my own challenge ...

5 / 5 completed

1. She was in the Army Reserves - read a book with a member of the military - ARI in Exodus ✔ - 14Feb17

2. Tessa loves Christmas - What's your favorite holiday? ... Well Christmas!

3. Her favorite color is RED; she loves to wear red - Cover image includes an article of clothing that is RED -
Days of Awe by Lauren Fox ✔ – 09Feb17 (her scarf)

KING - Love almost everything I've read by him, but especially 11/22/63 and The Stand
KINGSOLVER - I really enjoyed The Lacuna and Prodigal Summer
WHARTON - my favorite of those I've read is The House of Mirth

5. Her dream vacation destination is Africa - Read a book set in Africa - The Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon ✔ - 23Feb17

message 7: by Koren (last edited Feb 08, 2017 09:57AM) (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 610 comments 1. She was in the Army Reserves - read a book with a member of the military (any service branch, any country, war or peace time)- American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History finished 2/6/17
American Sniper The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History by Chris Kyle
2. Tessa loves Christmas - What's your favorite holiday? Independence Day.

3. Her favorite color is RED; she loves to wear red - Cover image includes an article of clothing that is RED (post the cover)- I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down I Got This How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed Me Down by Jennifer Hudson

4. Three of Tessa's favorite authors are Stephen King, Barbara Kingsolver and Edith Wharton - Have you read any books by these authors? And what did you think? I've read some Stephen King. I think his earlier books are his best.

The Translator: A Tribesman's Memoir of Darfur The Translator A Tribesman's Memoir of Darfur by Daoud Hari

message 8: by Book Concierge (new)

I think I have everyone linked .... let me know if I missed anyone.

Welcome to the challenge and Happy Reading!

message 9: by Beverly (new)

Beverly (zippymom) | 638 comments Update to my challenge in message #5:

I finished really early this month!!! :)

message 10: by Book Concierge (new)

WTG, Beverly!

message 11: by Skeetor (new)

Skeetor | 159 comments Beverly wrote: "Update to my challenge in message #5:

I finished really early this month!!! :)"

Whoa!....I just read this. Beverly, you were done by the 9th!?! Wow!

message 12: by Book Concierge (new)

UPDATE Message # 5 - Challenge Completed!