Georgette Heyer Fans discussion

Death at the Dog
This topic is about Death at the Dog
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > Joanna Cannan

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4230 comments Mod
Just mentioning here as Joanna Cannan & GH were close friends when young. This title is free on kindle at the moment. One click away! :)

Sheila (in LA) (sheila_in_la) | 345 comments I just added Joanna Cannan to my list. (I don't have a Kindle, but the library hasn't failed me yet.) Thanks!

Sheila wrote: "I just added Joanna Cannan to my list. (I don't have a Kindle, but the library hasn't failed me yet.) Thanks!"

I'e been trying to find her books for ages over here. Also GH's other writing friend Carola Oman. I remember seeing Oman's books when I working in a library in the 1970s but haven't seen them since. (other than online retailers)

Susan in Perthshire (susanageofaquarius) | 1097 comments Thanks Carol! Done!

message 5: by Susan in NC (new) - added it

Susan in NC (susanncreader) | 3431 comments Thanks Carol - on to the groaning, tottering TBR pile! We're like shopping addicts at a shoe sale...;-)

message 6: by MaryC (new)

MaryC Clawsey | 479 comments Carol ♔Type, Oh Queen!♕ wrote: I'e been trying to find her books for ages over here. Also GH's other writing friend Carola Oman...."

Was "Carola Oman" a pen name? That idea sticks in my mind. In any case, I read one of her novels years ago--Crouchback, about Richard III, from his wife's perspective. It was not one of my favorites.

MaryC wrote: "
Was "Carola Oman" a pen name? That idea sticks in my mind. In a..."

It was her maiden name https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carola_...

message 8: by MaryC (new)

MaryC Clawsey | 479 comments Carol ♔Type, Oh Queen!♕ wrote: "MaryC wrote: "
Was "Carola Oman" a pen name? That idea sticks in my mind. In a..."

It was her maiden name https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carola_..."

Thank you, Carol! I see that in fact she was the daughter of Sir Charles Oman, who is mentioned in Josephine Tey's Daughter of Time (Richard III again!) as "Sir Cuthbert Oliphant."

MaryC wrote: "

Thank you, Carol..."

Interesting! I have a kindle copy of that book. I'm looking forward to the reread!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.