North Liberty Readers discussion

Challenges > Jenni's May - December 2009 Books

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 3: by Sonja, (Da-Sonja) (new)

Sonja | 881 comments Mod
When I add a book, do I put in when I start reading it or when I finish... (Should House of Leaves be in August or September? ...assuming I finish it in September...)

message 4: by Jen, Super Spunky! (new)

Jen (nekokitty) | 913 comments Mod
Hmm... I think I'll adjust it when I finish it. So, I started in August, but I'll move mine to whatever month I finish it in. :) So it looks like 22, 24, and 25 will be moving to September. What do you think?

message 5: by Sonja, (Da-Sonja) (new)

Sonja | 881 comments Mod
Sounds good to me. I already moved it to September...wishfull thinking?

message 6: by Jen, Super Spunky! (new)

Yeah, I think it's wishful thinking. It is a good book, but I just can't seem to make any progress!

message 7: by Sonja, (Da-Sonja) (new)

Sonja | 881 comments Mod
If I continue to read 50ish pages/week, it'll only take me another 13 weeks to finish!!! Why are we doing this to ourselves... I don't think this is a book that I will be re-reading. That said, I do like it and I think it will be a good book to look back at and say "if I can read that, I can read anything!" I think it might speed up in the second half (it seems like there's less on a page). I'm hoping for that!

message 8: by Jen, Super Spunky! (new)

:)

message 9: by Sonja, (Da-Sonja) (new)

Sonja | 881 comments Mod
This is really bad...I didn't read a single book in September.

message 10: by Jen, Super Spunky! (new)

There! I think I've re-updated my list, thought it may or may not be quite accurate.

message 11: by Sonja, (Da-Sonja) (new)

Sonja | 881 comments Mod
I finished one!

message 12: by Jen, Super Spunky! (new)

Yay!

message 13: by Sonja, (Da-Sonja) (new)

Sonja | 881 comments Mod
I made it to 30! There was a time during the year when I thought I'd never catch you!

message 14: by Jen, Super Spunky! (new)

Awesome! I'm working on 31 and 31 right now. I'd hoped to get a little farther... but life got busy! :) Anyway, Stardust should be finished by the end of the year, but I'll still be working on WWE. I'll probably try to squeeze in Ella or Chinese Cinderella. :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

message 15: by Jen, Super Spunky! (new)

31 and 32 even. :)

message 16: by Sonja, (Da-Sonja) (new)

Sonja | 881 comments Mod
I'll see where I get yet. I think we're going to have company so between that and puzzles, I might not have much time to read this week. But, The Graveyard Book is going pretty quickly.

message 17: by Jen, Super Spunky! (new)

So I finished Odd and the Frost Giants, which was quite good. I'm still hoping to somehow finish WWE before the end of the year, though I don't know if it will happen. I need to find a new audio book!!!

message 18: by Sonja, (Da-Sonja) (new)

Sonja | 881 comments Mod
Have you listened to the Hearn books yet?

message 19: by Sonja, (Da-Sonja) (new)

Sonja | 881 comments Mod
I know you've read them, but I really liked the audio books.

message 20: by Jen, Super Spunky! (new)

Those are upcoming on my mental list of audio book ideas. :) The ICPL finally got me The Titan's Curse yesterday afternoon, so I've just started listening to that. Yay! :)

message 21: by Sonja, (Da-Sonja) (new)

Sonja | 881 comments Mod
Yay! I'll be without internet this weekend, so no more chatting... :( Thanks for everything you've done for me and are doing! There are a couple of things on my kitchen counter for you. I love you! See you Sunday? :)

message 22: by Jen, Super Spunky! (new)

Sounds good! Can't wait to seeya!

message 23: by Sonja, (Da-Sonja) (new)

Sonja | 881 comments Mod
30 isn't too bad, I guess...