The Bone Season Series by Samantha Shannon – A Read Along discussion

The Mime Order (The Bone Season, #2)
This topic is about The Mime Order
MIME ORDER Wk 1 - Ch. 1-9 > NEWBIES: Paige, Jaxon, and the Seven Seals

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shae, Mollisher (new) - added it

Shae McDaniel (shaelit) | 67 comments Mod
Once you all have read the selection for this week (don't worry, you have all week), this will be the Newbie discussion thread. Even in these first nine chapters, we're getting a better look at Paige's found family and learning more about them and her relationships with them.

What do you think of each of the seven? What do you think of their interactions with Paige and each other? Do you have a different or better understanding of them than you did in Paige's flashbacks in The Bone Season?

Alexa | 13 comments I always thought the names of the Seven Seals were so extremely gnarly and fantastic. You've got good old Nick as the Red Vision, Paige as the Pale Dreamer, Eliza the Martyred Muse, Danica the Chained Fury, Nadine the Silent Bell, Zeke the Black diamond and.... And Jaxon, the School Supply White Binder, standard issue (I'm totally kidding). When Paige first name drops them all under their titles, it's a chilling and thrilling scene. You always got a really honest view of the group from Paige's flashbacks in TBS.

But that aside, they're all based on the Biblical Seven seals (which is also super cool). Breaking of the first four of which unleashes the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. As well, all the other specific seals carry particular significance when opened, and are represented unique symbols. I bet these give some insight into character and possible story developments for each of our Seven Seals.

The Bone Season Series by Samantha Shannon – A...

unread topics | mark unread