SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Poison City (Delphic Division, #1)
This topic is about Poison City
All Book Discussions > Poison City (Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Janice | 1820 comments Mod
A discussion thread for our Feb - March BoM. Spoilers are permitted.

message 2: by Janice (last edited Feb 21, 2017 11:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

The monsters are quite scary in this book.

Check out this creepy as fuck imagery:

It's a Matchstick Man. That's what we call them. Real name: Mpakafo - or heart stealer. Another tribe of vampire.

Over seven feet tall, limbs thin and abnormally long. The creature's skin is pallid white and blotchy, like dirty marble. The colour of its eyes are reversed. White pupils in black.

And behind it, the creatures with the odd gait, are Smilers - Aigamucha. Again, vampires. They have no eyes in their heads. Their mouths are massive, ugly slits. Wounds that almost slice their heads in two.

I say no eyes in their heads, and that's true. But they have eyes in the soles of their feet. That's why their gait is so odd. They're walking on their hands, their feet raised up before them so the eyes can see where they're going.

Crusader (crusaderza) | 2445 comments Mod
Yes, I loved how Crilley blends the various myths together and he has quite a descriptive style. The novel does get very dark towards the end.

Crusader wrote: "Yes, I loved how Crilley blends the various myths together and he has quite a descriptive style. The novel does get very dark towards the end."

Dark? I love dark!

This is reminding me a lot of the Harry Dresden series by Jim Butcher. But I'm enjoying Gideon Tau and Dog a lot more.

Crusader (crusaderza) | 2445 comments Mod
Dark in the best possible way!