Jewish Historical Fiction discussion

Tasa's Song
This topic is about Tasa's Song
Tasa's Song by Linda Kass - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 22 comments First of all, I want to say that this book was the second of my giveaway wins, and I am grateful to both Goodreads and the author for the privilege. I greatly enjoyed Tasa's Song. Its the story of a young girl whose growing up is shaded and colored by the events of World War Two. She is a young talented musician who uses her violin and extraordinary talent to help her get through the emotions of watching the world collapse, her family and friends in danger, great losses, a year of hiding, and the emergence of genocide and war. In the midst of this is a girl who is almost two young to process what is happening, and responds by using her music to help her navigate the horrors that surround her - and to also experience the joy. This book is also about Tasa falling in love, finding friends, remembering senses and sensations and images from her past. She is about finding the joy amidst the horror - and she is the example of what we all need in these days. How to experience sacred moments and joy amongst a dark time, politically or personally. Tasa's love story amidst incredible devastation and loss, her music, transcends some of the cruel world around her. With Tasa, there is hope, and life, and love. Who could ask for more?

I am a lover of Jewish Historical Fiction. I enjoyed this young girl's point of view. Well done, Linda. It moved me. Good luck with its promotion.

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Hart-Green | 9 comments It sounds like an interesting novel. Thanks for letting us know about this book.