#AYEARATHON discussion

Heartless
This topic is about Heartless
February 2017 - Retellings > Heartless - Marissa Meyer (SPOILERS)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (new) - added it

ke-sha (angel707) | 1993 comments Mod
This is the SPOILER thread for "HEARTLESS" so anything goes. If you don't want to be spoiled go to the Non-Spoiler thread linked down below:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Jenny (juliababyjen) Here is my video review! The first part is spoiler-free, then I move into spoilers :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Jaq...

Kimberly | 138 comments I read heartless in november but i have to say that i enjoyed the book. it took me a little longer to get into it but once i did i couldn't put it down. I fell in love the Cath and was heartbroken for everything that she ended up going thru in the book. I will probably never look at her the same when watching alice in wonderland again.

Lara (laraiswrite) | 100 comments Ok, has anyone else finished reading this yet? I just finished it last night and my heart is broken in so many pieces. I need to talk about it! Haha.

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 239 comments Ok so I finished reading it after the week was over. Here's the thing though- while I loved the book there felt like there was so much body shaming/ ED mentality throughout the book that I didn't like. The overall story- loved it but every time that something body related was mentioned I cringed so much. Anyone else notice this too?

Ashley (JaffaCaffa) (jaffacaffa) | 6 comments Yeah I completely agree about the body shaming. I kept waiting for it to be addressed...it was going on for so long! I wanted Cath to stand up to her mom and realise how wrong her actions were and to want/try to get away, or for her mom to change at least a little?? I really didn't like she was so overly negative and horrible, yet Cath kept defending her? Or her father to speak up? Anybody? And Cath's comments towards Margaret, meh. Also wasn't a fan of how the King was treated like a caricature half of the time.

Besides that I overall loved the book, don't get me wrong. The last third of the book especially was my favourite. I'd forgotten how frustrating all of those comments were.

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 239 comments Yeah I totally agree I didn't completely love how some of the characters were written but I liked the last third too because everything started to click and make sense!!