YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > YA/Fantasy/Romance/Dystopian etc fans!

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) | 78 comments Hey everyone,

New here on the group but not new on goodreads.
I never really bothered to join any groups but i would love to befriend some more people that have the same reading interest as i do as i got nobody to talk with about the books i read (except for my sister)

So for any YA/Fantasy/Romance/Adult/Contemporary/Dystopian etc fan, i would love to become your friend!

message 2: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita yayy.i was looking forward to meet someone like you:)

message 3: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) | 78 comments Nivedita wrote: "yayy.i was looking forward to meet someone like you:)"

haha i'm glad to hear that ^_^

message 4: by April (new)

April Frye | 1 comments Omgggg guyyysss! I've been looking for people I can nerd out with and talk about the books I like with. None of my friends read like I do, so it would be AWEOSME to have a group of people I can talk about it all with!!!

message 5: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) | 78 comments April wrote: "Omgggg guyyysss! I've been looking for people I can nerd out with and talk about the books I like with. None of my friends read like I do, so it would be AWEOSME to have a group of people I can tal..."

WHOOO welcome to the nerd out club xD
i know the feeling i only have my sister but i kinda fall in love with the characters so i get way more hyped

message 6: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita how is the gender game series?

message 7: by Roxanne (last edited Feb 03, 2017 09:25AM) (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) | 78 comments Hmm didn't hear of it untill now xD
read the blurb it sounds pretty interesting

message 8: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments I'd love to be friends with you guys! I'm obsessed with YA books so I feel like we'll have a lot in common!

I have also heard of the gender game series, but haven't personally read the books. However, I have heard that the series is a lot like Hunger Games!

message 9: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) | 78 comments well maybe we could buddy read at least the first book of the Gender Games to see if we like it :P

message 10: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita Yes I will be happy to.Can we have it after the 20th?

message 11: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments I'm down. It pops up all the time on my Facebook feed so I think the world is trying to tell me something. :P

Yeah, we'll definitely make sure that everyone who wants to participate will be able to!

message 12: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita ok :)

message 13: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) | 78 comments so what date do we wanna set it to? then i can request a thread for the first book

message 14: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Maybe the 22nd? Hopefully that'll give us all enough time to get the book

message 15: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) | 78 comments i'm good for the 22nd. let's wait and see what Nivedita says and then i'll request it

message 16: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Sounds good to me! Also, Roxanne, I noticed that we both love Assassin's Creed! Playing wanted was my life whenever a new game came out. Have you played Skyrim too?

message 17: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) | 78 comments Klancy wrote: "Sounds good to me! Also, Roxanne, I noticed that we both love Assassin's Creed! Playing wanted was my life whenever a new game came out. Have you played Skyrim too?"

Haha you can say a huge fan xD i have a tatto on the inside of my wrist of the logo and end of this month i will get the quote "Nothing is true. everything is permitted" on my lower arm :D

I played Skyrim for a bit but i'm not a huge fan of FP games i like to oggle my character xD

message 18: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments That's actually amazing! If I could tolerate pain I would totally get a tattoo as well, but needles freak me out. What if I just randomly got a huge tattoo of Connor's face on my back? XD I don't know why, but the thought is just hilarious to me lol.

I'm not a fan of first person games either, but Skyrim was an exception! Even if I died all the time because I absolutely suck at fighting in first person games. I can't aim in them to save my life.

message 19: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) | 78 comments HAHAHAHA now wouldn't that be something xD
i dunno if i wanna get more AC related tattoos but i know my right arm is my AC arm xD

I suck at first person aswell and i always hated FPS games but then i tried CoD once and got addicted xD though i don't play it anymore only games i still play is Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts (some Uncharted) and MMORPG's

message 20: by Klancy (new)

Klancy | 1339 comments Man, shout out to CoD. I think the zombie parts of that game were the best. I never made it past level 20, though, which is kind of sad. But I'm pretty sure I got jump scared every time I turned around and there was a horde of zombies behind me!

message 21: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita Guys thank you waiting:)ya ok the 22nd will be good

message 22: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) | 78 comments alright i'll request a thread for the book then :)

message 24: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita ok thanks cant wait:)my first buddy read

message 25: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita Can someone suggest a few standalone novels?

message 26: by Roxanne (last edited Feb 23, 2017 08:23PM) (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) | 78 comments i don't know many as i'm more of a series reader but here are a few i have on my TBR list
Heartless by Marissa Meyer Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell Breathless by Cole Gibsen The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black Hunted by Meagan Spooner RoseBlood by A.G. Howard Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill Darkly Fae The Moraine Cycle by Tera Lynn Childs Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis The Siren by Kiera Cass Spinning Starlight by R.C. Lewis Poison by Bridget Zinn

well that were more than i thought i would have haha.
i have some fairytale retellings aswell that are linked in a serie but can be read as a standalone

message 27: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita OK thanks :) looks interesting

message 28: by Jeanny (new)

Jeanny (thebookishjinni) | 6 comments Hello! I posted a review of the Alchemists of Loom and I need someone to fangirl with. I just- aaaaaah! XD Anyone wanna check it out? Also, this is the book I'm recommending. It's a new steampunk novel from Elise Kova

message 29: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne (nigihayami) | 78 comments Jeanny wrote: "Hello! I posted a review of the Alchemists of Loom and I need someone to fangirl with. I just- aaaaaah! XD Anyone wanna check it out? Also, this is the book I'm recommending. It's a new steampunk n..."

haaiii i will see if i can read the book sometime to fangirl with you xD

message 30: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita Even I will see whether I will be able to read Fangirl some time

message 31: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimkimmer) im new in this group as well. huge book nerd and Roxanne's sister

message 32: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimkimmer) all our yesterdays is an amazing book btw!

Megan's Picks For Today Blog (mamascandylit) | 2 comments Roxanne wrote: "Hey everyone,

I never really bothered to join any groups but i would love to befriend some more people that have the same reading interest as i do a..."

Added you. :) always looking for friends to talk about books too.

message 34: by Roma (new)

Roma Gray (romagray) | 1 comments Roxanne wrote: "Hey everyone,

I never really bothered to join any groups but i would love to befriend some more people that have the same reading interest as i do a..."

Hi! Nice to meet you :)

message 35: by Nivedita (new)

Nivedita I need someone to read these with in April The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Wonder by R.J. Palacio Deception Point by Dan Brown

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.