Canterbary Tales discussion

Underneath It All > UNDERNEATH IT ALL book chat

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 30, 2017 02:46AM) (new)

Questions will be posted beginning at 8pm est. Only the moderators will post questions. Please hold any questions for each chat until the end of the evening. Thank you!

*spoilers to THE SPIRE may be discussed during these chats. Participate at your own risk if you'not yet read book six*

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrisreads31) | 23 comments Mod
Duh. Do time zones confuse everyone? Or is that just me?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Christina wrote: "Duh. Do time zones confuse everyone? Or is that just me?"

haha! ❤

message 4: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (jlduggan)

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 8 comments Mod
Christina wrote: "Duh. Do time zones confuse everyone? Or is that just me?"

You're not alone - I regularly have to convert UTC into my local time zone and I still get confused! ;)

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura (lfidorowicz) | 4 comments Christina wrote: "Duh. Do time zones confuse everyone? Or is that just me?"

I can't coordinate things with people in other time zones.... is it my time or your time?? and then of course I still get it wrong :)

message 7: by Christina (new)

Hi, everyone!! I'm Christina and I'm your moderator for this evening. I've got some thoughts and questions and thought I'd just post some and see where the wind takes us. Hope that works for everyone. I'm also a kindergarten teacher and for some reason I've got fifty messages from parents so I'll be popping back and forth.

Question #1: I knew Lauren was my girl from the first sentence. What was your favorite Lauren moment?

message 8: by Jaime (new)

Jaime Nicholson | 62 comments Mod
Christina wrote: "Hi, everyone!! I'm Christina and I'm your moderator for this evening. I've got some thoughts and questions and thought I'd just post some and see where the wind takes us. Hope that works for everyo..."

Her lingere obsession got me in the beginning. Using it as therapy.

message 9: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (jlduggan) I have so many. She's such a great character, but I really love when she is with Riley at the school and asks him
To take her to the hospital. The scene after that when she tells Matt she loves him and then also when she takes all the Walshes to say goodbye to Angus. Love her.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I was envious of her lingerie! I had to look up La Perla and others!

message 11: by Katharine (new)

Katharine OConnell | 2 comments That first sentence is amazing and it really hooked me. Another favorite moment for me was when she was going home with Matt and had this whole internal monologue about whether or not he was a serial killer- it was so over the top and so much something I or one of my friends would think- it makes me laugh every time.

message 12: by Stephanie (new)

I liked that she didn't have to be some terribly sexually experienced woman in order to still be a bit pervy. ;)

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura (lfidorowicz) | 4 comments I loved that she casually mentions that her brothers would kidnap her and time how long it took to escape like that happens in every family. When she took down Matt in the hallway. I love that she's a girly badass :)

message 14: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (misscaro) | 2 comments It's safe to say that the Laydee writer's opening sentence of Underneath It All is what drew me to the book and I could tell I was going to love the character of Lauren

message 15: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne Edmonds (gardendiva23) | 6 comments Christina wrote: "Hi, everyone!! I'm Christina and I'm your moderator for this evening. I've got some thoughts and questions and thought I'd just post some and see where the wind takes us. Hope that works for everyo..."

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Stephanie wrote: "I liked that she didn't have to be some terribly sexually experienced woman in order to still be a bit pervy. ;)"

Yes!!

message 17: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne Edmonds (gardendiva23) | 6 comments That first sentence is what prompted me to buy the book in the first place, but when she started talking about cupcakes and tequila, I knew this was a girl after my heart.

message 18: by Christina (new)

Awww.....I love every scene with Riley. I just want to take him home, clean his shirt, zip his pants and feed him. The parts with Lauren and the Walshes after Angus' death and heartbreaking. Then, as the story unfolds and we see the other siblings POV in their own books, I just want to hug them all. I admire Lauren's ability to mother them all, even when they have no idea how to be mothered.

message 19: by Jaime (new)

Jaime (jmhaughey) | 15 comments Mod
When she finally figures out she can have school and Matt.

Her necklace.

message 20: by Christina (new)

And the lingerie.....I'm a Target girl. I've never even seen a La Perla store.

message 21: by Stephanie (new)

Riley has definitely grown into one of my favorite characters! I'm SO looking forward to his book!

message 22: by Christina (new)

How about her love of cupcakes and tequila?? I was definitely onboard with the cupcake love. My tequila days are long over but did anyone else search for a good tequila cupcake recipe?

message 23: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne Edmonds (gardendiva23) | 6 comments I loved the scene in the office with her and Matt and Riley walked in on them..hilarious! We just get a glimpse of Riley's interruption game.

message 24: by Christina (new)

Let's talk about Matthew. He works so hard for Lauren and their relationship. What is your favorite thing about Matthew Walsh?

message 25: by Julie (new)

Julie | 11 comments Mod
Christina wrote: "And the lingerie.....I'm a Target girl. I've never even seen a La Perla store."

As a fellow teacher, I think one La Perla bra is like a month of salary. LOL. I've never seen the inside of one either!

message 26: by Jaime (new)

Jaime Nicholson | 62 comments Mod
Christina wrote: "Let's talk about Matthew. He works so hard for Lauren and their relationship. What is your favorite thing about Matthew Walsh?"
His " all in" attitude

message 27: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne Edmonds (gardendiva23) | 6 comments Jaime wrote: "Christina wrote: "Let's talk about Matthew. He works so hard for Lauren and their relationship. What is your favorite thing about Matthew Walsh?"
His " all in" attitude"

Christina wrote: "Let's talk about Matthew. He works so hard for Lauren and their relationship. What is your favorite thing about Matthew Walsh?"

Jaime wrote: "Christina wrote: "Let's talk about Matthew. He works so hard for Lauren and their relationship. What is your favorite thing about Matthew Walsh?"
His " all in" attitude"

Sandra wrote: "I loved the scene in the office with her and Matt and Riley walked in on them..hilarious! We just get a glimpse of Riley's interruption game."

message 28: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Rhodes | 2 comments Sandra wrote: "I loved the scene in the office with her and Matt and Riley walked in on them..hilarious! We just get a glimpse of Riley's interruption game."

I loved watching him fall for Lauren -- his internal monologue was endearing (pervy + sweet). & the proposal at the end gets me every time :)

message 29: by Jaime (new)

Jaime (jmhaughey) | 15 comments Mod
Ooh Matthew, I love his athleticsm.

What Riley alludes to, he will never give up.

message 30: by Diane (new)

Diane (dfaut) | 5 comments I love that he didn't play games. He wanted her and went for it! His hotness is a bonus and how devoted he is!!!!

message 31: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne Edmonds (gardendiva23) | 6 comments Matthew is the type of person who knows what he wants and works hard to get it. He wanted Lauren and he worked for it until she put on the brakes. As Riley said, he won't stop until he finds a solution and he doesn't know how to give up. I loved his tenacity and his growly, bitey ways. Love Matthew.

message 32: by Noell (new)

Noell Mosco (noellcakes) | 3 comments Christina wrote: "Hi, everyone!! I'm Christina and I'm your moderator for this evening. I've got some thoughts and questions and thought I'd just post some and see where the wind takes us. Hope that works for everyo..."

Three words: curves, tequila, lingerie.

message 33: by Noell (new)

Noell Mosco (noellcakes) | 3 comments Stephanie wrote: "Riley has definitely grown into one of my favorite characters! I'm SO looking forward to his book!"

Right! I so have a feeling that his book is going to completely rip me to shreds. But I have full faith Kate will put me back together, but still....the ripping to shreds is going to hurt.

message 34: by Noell (new)

Noell Mosco (noellcakes) | 3 comments Diane wrote: "I love that he didn't play games. He wanted her and went for it! His hotness is a bonus and how devoted he is!!!!"

Yes!
He was all in from the beginning. It was endearing to be able to get such an in-depth male perspective. Love my Matthew. I always think Matthew is my fave (hubby's name is also Matthew so I might be a bit biased)... but then I read the next book and that's character becomes my new fave. It's just a revolving door ;)