Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Ink (Paper Gods, #1)
This topic is about Ink
BLIND DATE: ARCHIVED > ✔Pair I: Natalie and Sarah Louise (February 2017)

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (last edited Feb 07, 2017 08:50PM) (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5531 comments Pair I: Natalie and Sarah Louise

CHALLENGE 14

Genre: Historical Fiction
Cover: One Person
Plot: Eastern Culture (Asia)
Title: One Word
Name: Any Japanese Name
Setting: Japan or pub. 2006
Hidden Words: flower, rice, silence, season, bright

TOTAL POINTS: 30
descriptiondescription

message 2: by Sarah Louise (last edited Jan 29, 2017 07:20PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) Let's see what I can find.

Ink (Paper Gods, #1) by Amanda Sun
Genre: --
Cover: +2
Plot: +3
Title: +4
Name: +5
Setting: +6
Hidden Words: +5
= 25 Points

Ophelia by Lisa M. Klein
Genre: +1
Plot: --
Name: --
Hidden Words: +4
=17 Points

message 3: by Sarah Louise (last edited Jan 29, 2017 07:30PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) Orchards by Holly Thompson
Hidden Words: +4
= 24 Points

Natalie (nzhouey) | 257 comments The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1) by Rin Chupeco
Plot: +3 (maybe?)
Title: --
Hidden Words: - not sure?
= 16 Points

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) Of course, my library doesn't have any of these books lol. Some of the eBooks aren't too expensive though, so I don't mind buying one if I have to.

I checked The Girl From the Well and it has all the hidden words.

Natalie (nzhouey) | 257 comments Let's do Ink. I can get the ebook from a friend and send it to you. Do you use epub or mobi?

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) Perfect. I'll start it on the 1st. That's ok. I actually have just enough left over on a gift card from Christmas. :)

Natalie (nzhouey) | 257 comments Sure, I'll start this tomorrow as well.

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) Jeeze, these chapters are LONG. I read the first one, and I like it so far.

Natalie (nzhouey) | 257 comments haha same. I read just the first one. I'm not sure I like it. It feels super forced to emphasize the Japanese-ness of it if that makes sense.

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) Yeah, I do know what you mean. Like, with the added terminology every couple of sentences.

Natalie (nzhouey) | 257 comments I'm about halfway through. I'm not sure if I like it. I think their relationship developed way too fast. I'm not a fan of instalove or just the characters being so invested in each other when I feel like we barely know the characters.

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) I'll read a bunch of it today. I'm at 20% right now. I'm actually liking it, as of now. I do know what you mean, though. She doesn't even know him, aside from his moody side, yet she can't stop thinking about him.

OH! I see you finished and rated it 1 star? You REALLY ended up not liking it then? LOL

Natalie (nzhouey) | 257 comments Hah yes, it's not my thing. We can discuss why when you finish. But i can discuss it with you as you read along as well.

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) Ok! I'll post my thoughts as I go :)

message 16: by Sarah Louise (last edited Feb 04, 2017 08:47AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) Alright, I'm officially bored. I'm going to force myself to finish lol. I was liking it at first. I liked the concept of the drawings coming to life, but nothing seems to be happening now.

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) Only a few chapters left. (view spoiler)

Natalie (nzhouey) | 257 comments I know, but I think he was in some kind of trance that took over. I just find that I can't connect with the two characters at all. I'm just like why would you do that? You don't make sense.

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) Oh my gosh, I finally finished. That was a struggle.

I'll keep everything under a spoiler tag in case anyone happens to read this thread.

(view spoiler)

Anyways, here's our final points with the bonus!

Ink (Paper Gods, #1) by Amanda Sun
Hidden Words: +5
= 25 Points
Finished 8th-15th: +5
= 30 Points

Natalie (nzhouey) | 257 comments Yay! We finished!

(view spoiler)

Sarah Louise (kerosenelit) (view spoiler)