Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Contemporary Romance, lightly literary

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (jeanielong) | 62 comments Interested in sinking into a fully developed and meaningful story with humorous and dramatic twists, turns, mystery, unforgettable characters and, of course, sexual chemistry? I'll be finishing up this week--a work in progress for a long time.
It has adult content (not erotica), language, and suggestions of violence, etc. As a modern-day romance, bordering on literary but with a pop culture twist, it runs a full gamut of emotions and themes, including feminism, careers, sacrifices, deception, all levels of love, trust, nature, fate v. will .... Something for everyone.

It runs around 150K words and the prime target audience is female between 18 and 50 (although men have enjoyed the manuscript very, very much).
If you're interested in a romance with deep characters and even deeper secrets, I'd love you to take it on, I'm also a proponent of giving proper credit to quality beta readers and editors on my thank you page when I publish.

Just let me know.
Jeanie
(booklookie@gmail.com)

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 115 comments Hi Jeanie,

It really sounds interesting (I have a huge weakness for literary), but 150K...I can't do a novel that long with my current schedule :( If you cut it down after the first round of betas, I'd love to take a look! Good luck!

message 3: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (jeanielong) | 62 comments Jessica wrote: "Hi Jeanie,

It really sounds interesting (I have a huge weakness for literary), but 150K...I can't do a novel that long with my current schedule :( If you cut it down after the first round of betas..."

HI Jessica and thanks! Maybe I could send you the first few chapters so you can see how it reads???

Let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 115 comments Hi Jeanie,

I sent you a pm :)