Ian Somerhalder Foundation Book Club discussion

Lab Girl
This topic is about Lab Girl
Spring 2017 Book Selection

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ian (new)

Ian Somerhalder Foundation (iansomerhalderfoundation) | 62 comments Mod
It is a new year and with it comes our first new book selection. We are going to be reading Lab Girl by Hope Jahren. We hope you enjoy it and that you come back to talk about it with us!

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresa69) | 7 comments I have read great reviews of this book. Looking forward to reading it.

Debby (debbyfeo) Downloaded to my Kindle.

message 4: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis Hallam | 4 comments Oh my! My husband bought me this book because the description reminded him of Teresa Feo! Well, aside from loving biology and going to Berkeley, I don't think she is a lot like the main character, but that's for another conversation after more people read it!

Debby (debbyfeo) Phyllis wrote: "Oh my! My husband bought me this book because the description reminded him of Teresa Feo! Well, aside from loving biology and going to Berkeley, I don't think she is a lot like the main character, ..."
Hi Phyllis, Just getting ready to start reading! :)

message 6: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Spoor (kathryninanoka) | 2 comments Just got my copy. Can't wait to get started!

message 7: by Ian (new)

Ian Somerhalder Foundation (iansomerhalderfoundation) | 62 comments Mod
We can't wait to hear what you think of it!

message 8: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Spoor (kathryninanoka) | 2 comments I've only just started the book, but I find the descriptions of Minnesota very interesting. I just moved here a few months ago, after living in Japan for 10 years. Very interesting.

Debby (debbyfeo) Finished reading "Lab Girl" yesterday. So enjoyed this book - I've got bookmarks all over it! Learned so much!

message 10: by Lila (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lila | 1 comments Getting more and more into this book with each page turned. Some really stellar writing, on top of a brilliant mind and a unique voice! So many great quotes flagged in this book already. Love this one for ex. “A CACTUS DOESN’T LIVE in the desert because it likes the desert; it lives there because the desert hasn’t killed it yet.”