Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available to read sci-fi and fantasy novellas & shorts

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marco (last edited Jan 30, 2017 11:13AM) (new)

Marco Silva | 10 comments Hello, my name is Marco Fraga da Silva.

I'm writing a science fiction novella set in a worldbuilding I created in my master degree in Cinema Studies (thesis on Transmedia Storytelling). I'm Portuguese but I decided to write in English because I want to reach a bigger audience.

I've been reading a lot in English and I have good proficiency. I'm trying to improve it and that's why I'm offering my services as a beta reader. I am available to read sci-fi and fantasy novellas & shorts. I have a soft spot for sci-fi & fantasy that works with the themes of religion, artificial intelligence, technology, and human evolution.

Hope someday it will be me on the other side asking for beta readers help with my story.

Best regards,
M.

message 2: by Henry (new)

Henry Reign (valentinv) | 15 comments Would you be interested in reading some of my novel? It's kind of "dark-scifi" with a hint of religion and philosophics. Give me your email and I'll send you a couple chapters.

message 3: by Ari (new)

Ari Augustine (ariananelson) | 26 comments I can send you my short, soft sci-fi novel. It's a mix of science, evolution, and has hints of spiritual elements. Let me know if interested and I'll send it along.

Also, in the future, I'd be happy to beta read for you.

Thanks!
-Ari

Γρηγόρης Ευσταθιάδης | 3 comments Marco wrote: "Hello, my name is Marco Fraga da Silva.

I'm writing a science fiction novella set in a worldbuilding I created in my master degree in Cinema Studies (thesis on Transmedia Storytelling). I'm Portug..."

Hello Marco
So, I am writing a dark science fantasy book called the rise of the king of Darkness and before I get it to the publishers I need people to tell me if there are any flaws. My theme is people getting trapped in a video game with an antihero protagonist that becomes a murderer without knowing it and after the truth is revealed he is shunt by everyone. After that we follow his life while trying to gain power and make a life in that new world.

It is roughly 150k words long and I will be sending it to you by email in word files.

The deadline is the end of Easter holidays

message 5: by Marco (new)

Marco Silva | 10 comments Γρηγόρης wrote: "Marco wrote: "Hello, my name is Marco Fraga da Silva.

I'm writing a science fiction novella set in a worldbuilding I created in my master degree in Cinema Studies (thesis on Transmedia Storytellin..."

150K words is too long for me now,
thanks for your message.
M

message 6: by Marco (new)

Marco Silva | 10 comments Topi wrote: "Would you be interested in reading some of my novel? It's kind of "dark-scifi" with a hint of religion and philosophics. Give me your email and I'll send you a couple chapters."

Marco Silva
Yes, I'm interested.
Send some of the chapters
to my email: marcoffs@sapo.pt
Talk to you soon,
M

message 7: by Henry (new)

Henry Reign (valentinv) | 15 comments Marco wrote: "Topi wrote: "Would you be interested in reading some of my novel? It's kind of "dark-scifi" with a hint of religion and philosophics. Give me your email and I'll send you a couple chapters."

Marco..."

I've sent you a link to my Google Drive.
Get back to me as soon as you've read it!
Hope you enjoy it.

-Topi

message 8: by Ella (new)

Ella Vacaroaia | 32 comments Hi Marco,

I've written a 75K YA science fiction story. It includes some themes of human evolution, and does include some futuristic technology.

Please email me if you're interested. ticagirl97@gmail.com