Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Ravaged (Eternal Guardians #7.5)
This topic is about Ravaged
BLIND DATE: ARCHIVED > ✖️Pair D: Ashlyn and Trelas (February 2017)

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (last edited Feb 28, 2017 05:10PM) (new)

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5510 comments Pair D: Ashlyn and Trelas

CHALLENGE 8

Genre: Paranormal
Cover: One Person
Plot: Romance
Title: One Word
Name: Elizabeth or Daniel
Setting: Nevada or pub. 2015
Hidden Words: bite, dark, night, alone, mold

descriptiondescription

message 2: by Ashlyn (last edited Feb 04, 2017 12:32PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Here is one option: Ravaged (Eternal Guardians, #7.5) by Elisabeth Naughton
Genre: 1 point
Cover: 2 points
Plot: 3 points
Title: 4 points
Name: 5 points
Setting: 6 points
Hidden Words: (bite, dark, night, and alone) 4 points

Total: 25

message 3: by Trey (new)

Trey (trelasd44) Ashlyn wrote: "Here is one option: Ravaged (Eternal Guardians, #7.5) by Elisabeth Naughton
Title: 4 points
Hidden Words: ?

Total: 21+

I will keep looking to s..."

Got to get off for the night, but I promise I will look for some options tomorrow.

message 4: by Ashlyn (last edited Jan 29, 2017 09:25PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews

Name: 5 points (If Daniels works for Daniel)
Hidden Words: 5 points (bite, dark, night, alone, mold)

Total Points: 16 points

There is also number 8 in this series Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8) by Ilona Andrews that was published in 2015, so the points would be

Total: 17+

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Draven's Light (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #7.5) by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Cover: 1 point
Hidden Words: 4 points (bite, dark, night, alone)

Total: 19 points

The Scarlet Deep (Elemental World #3) by Elizabeth Hunter

Total: 17+

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I own this book:

The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1) by Rachel Morgan
Hidden Words: 4 points (bite, dark, night, alone)
Total: 16 points

Let me know if any of these sound good to you, or you find something else.

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Do any of these ones sound good to you, or is there another one you would want to read more?

message 8: by Trey (new)

Trey (trelasd44) We could do The Scarlet Deep?

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Sounds good. Someone has it check out from my library, so I placed a hold on it.

message 10: by Trey (new)

Trey (trelasd44) Ashlyn wrote: "Sounds good. Someone has it check out from my library, so I placed a hold on it."

I found it in my library too, I have it now.

message 11: by Trey (new)

Trey (trelasd44) Or would you want to read the 1001 Dark Nights because of the higher amount of points?

Ashlyn | 2085 comments If we read 1001, then I would just buy it, so I could get it sooner. It has less pages. so we could read it faster and try to finish by the 7th to get the 10 extra points.

message 13: by Trey (new)

Trey (trelasd44) Ashlyn wrote: "If we read 1001, then I would just buy it, so I could get it sooner. It has less pages. so we could read it faster and try to finish by the 7th to get the 10 extra points."

Sure, lets definitely do that.

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Do you have this at your library? If not, I can loan the kindle book to you once I finish it.

message 15: by Trey (new)

Trey (trelasd44) Ashlyn wrote: "Do you have this at your library? If not, I can loan the kindle book to you once I finish it."

You're fine, I actually bought it online once we decided to read 1001.

message 16: by Trey (new)

Trey (trelasd44) I'm actually ready to read.

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Awesome. I will try to start tonight. There are only 10 chapters, so do you want to come back at chapter5 and once we are done to talk about it?

message 18: by Trey (new)

Trey (trelasd44) Ashlyn wrote: "Awesome. I will try to start tonight. There are only 10 chapters, so do you want to come back at chapter5 and once we are done to talk about it?"

No problem

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Chapter 5

(view spoiler)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I updated message 2 with the correct number of points for this book.

message 21: by Ashlyn (last edited Feb 06, 2017 06:43PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Finished. How are you liking it so far?

(view spoiler)

message 22: by Trey (last edited Feb 07, 2017 04:02PM) (new)

Trey (trelasd44) I'm sorry, I have a lot of work this week. But I promise that either today or tomorrow I will set out certain times that I can read in between. Sorry for holding you up.

Ashlyn | 2085 comments No problem. I completely understand. I have a test today, and four papers due this week.

message 24: by Trey (new)

Trey (trelasd44) Ashlyn wrote: "No problem. I completely understand. I have a test today, and four papers due this week."

Thanks for understanding, and good luck! My schedule is filled with work but it isn't that crazy!

Ashlyn | 2085 comments Thanks :)

message 26: by Trey (new)

Trey (trelasd44) No problem. =)

message 27: by Trey (last edited Feb 19, 2017 02:45PM) (new)

Trey (trelasd44) I am also enjoying the mythology aspect of the book and I don't mind the romance. It is weird though as Ari, one second wants to kick her out then all of a sudden, their making love. Wish they would have structured it better. Then I also agree with the fact that Zeus seems to be the enemy in this book. At the beginning he seemed like a creeper, then when it was learned what he did to the village. The betrayal or twist was so sudden for me, by the way. Also, the characters so far, they don't seem at all developed besides Ari and Daphne. Besides that, Silas, I would like to read more about him and the same with Zeus, and why he is such a cruel guy. Ari already forgot about her mission, lol, and overall, I'm actually liking the book. 7-8/10 so far.

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I'm glad you are liking it. I think the characters weren't developed because it was so short.

message 29: by Trey (new)

Trey (trelasd44) Ashlyn wrote: "I'm glad you are liking it. I think the characters weren't developed because it was so short."

That would make a lot of sense.