Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Best of Year Reads > The Results: Top 2016 Reads -- Summary

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Jan 29, 2017 02:49PM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8053 comments Thanks to the eleven of you who posted their top reads: Barry, Dan, Ann, Sandi, Blueberry, Melodie, Shomeret, Merrilee, Susie, Sherry, and moi.

I've added many reads to my already bulging lists!!

Some of us listed both Lucas Davenport and Virgil Flowers by John Sandford as our favorite series. Since they are two series, I had to make an executive decision and picked the first one mentioned. I think the takeaway for anyone looking to try these is that they are both very popular!

In fact, it is interesting how the same authors appear year-after-year as top vote-getters. I think we agree for the most part on the favorites of the group!

For those who listed more than the limit (not many), I cut it off at the limit requested, sorry if I omitted your absolute favorite. Anyone wanting to see the full lists should go back to the original thread.

Here we go!

message 2: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3684 comments thanks for doing this , carol.
i was thinking the same thing about our favorite series and authors not changing from year to year :)

message 3: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3050 comments What happened to best book dropped into the pool or bath tub that had to be dried out to be finished? No wonder the votes were all over the place!

message 4: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1215 comments Thank you Carol for compiling all the lists. I too was struck by how some authors consistently top our lists but there was also a great variety of picks. Lots of additions to my TBR stack.

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14606 comments Carol:
I love these lists each year - thank you thank you thank you for compiling these!!
And thank you for each of you that posted your picks! Good reading ahead from these tips!

message 6: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8053 comments I'll say "you're welcome" here to everyone who thanks me for doing these lists. It really is fun to organize all our reading and to have a chance to add to my TBR as I'm reminded of what we've read over the year.

message 7: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2678 comments Stellar job, Carol.

message 8: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1639 comments Need to add my late "thank you" too Carol!