Polls for Our Souls discussion

Random > Share Your Favourite Quotes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Aristodemou (andreasaristodemou) | 92 comments Hey guys, I thought it would be cool if we shared our favourite quotes. I have plenty but one of my absolutely favourite is
You can't go back to how things were. How you thought they were. All you really have is now - Thirteen reasons why

message 2: by Caron (new)

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 14 comments "He made me love him without looking at me." ~ Jane Eyre

message 3: by Bella (new)

Bella | 23 comments "To love is to destroy and to be loved is to be destroyed" ~ The Mortal Instruments

Dasha ~Made of bad materials, yet well put together~ (iliketoreadangryreviews) | 5 comments “Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.” ~Gackt

message 5: by RainySun (new)

RainySun (sunnyrain) | 5 comments "Everyone’s got something. Some people are just better actors than others." - Every Last Word

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Caron wrote: ""He made me love him without looking at me." ~ Jane Eyre"

Love this!

message 7: by Dimitri (new)

Dimitri Si vis pacem para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war.

message 8: by Jagriti (new)

Jagriti (Abhinita) | 7 comments “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Danielle's Books (daniellesbooks) | 6 comments "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair…" - A Tale of Two Cities
“Hell is empty and all the devils are here.” - The Tempest
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - A Midsummer Night's Dream

message 10: by Deejay (DZ) (new)

Deejay (DZ) (deejayreads) | 17 comments "Thats the thing with pain, it demands to be felt " from tfios by John Green , I can really relate to that book !

message 11: by lacy (new)

lacy white (lacymiri) No mourners.
No funerals.

Six of Crows. I just finished it and it's all I can think about now.

message 12: by Samra (new)

Samra Yusuf "break my heart,break it a thousand times if you may because it was only ever yours to break anyway"
KARA KAS,The Selection.......

message 13: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Uke | 61 comments “What can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the Reaper Man?”

Terry Pratchett, you unrivaled genius.

message 14: by ssv (new)

ssv _94811 (ssv_94811) | 2 comments “The human heart has hidden treasures, In secret kept, in silence sealed; The thoughts, the hopes, the dreams, the pleasures, Whose charms were broken if revealed.”
- Charlotte Brontë

message 15: by Tara (new)

Tara (taraleannstan) | 31 comments "Secrets and cockroaches - that's what will be left at the end of it all." -Maggie Stiefvater, The Dream Thieves

message 16: by Suki (new)

Suki K | 1 comments "I used to be Snow White, but I drifted." - Mae West

message 17: by Naaytaashreads (new)

Naaytaashreads | 12 comments I have lots of fav quotes but my current fav is

“There are all kinds of love in this world but never the same love twice.”

― F. Scott Fitzgerald

message 18: by Sana (new)

Sana "I go to seek a great perhaps"
-Francois Rebelais
"My thoughts are stars that I can't fathom into constellations"
- John Green
"If people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane."
- John Green
"When everyone knows you're a monster, you needn't waste time doing every monstrous thing"
-Leigh Burdugo

message 19: by Luci (last edited Feb 04, 2017 11:10AM) (new)

Luci (luciamovilla) | 6 comments “It was cold out, the kind you could see, where your breath blossomed like a floating lotus in front of your face. It was the kind of cold where you couldn't tell if it was cloudy, or if the whole sky was just the color of clouds.”

– David Arnold, Kids of Appetite

"I had a feeling there was something wrong with me. I guess I was a mystery even to myself."

– Benjamin Alire Suarez, Aristotle and Dante discover the stars of the universe

"It seemed funny to me that the sunset she saw from her patio and the one I saw from the back steps was the same one. Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset.”

– S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders

message 20: by Laili (new)

Laili (lailinightlight) I have lots! But this is my current wallpaper:

"The things which are denied to us in life will never create a cage for our souls." - Wayfarer, Alexandra Bracken

I actually have a list of quotes and bookish things that I'm hoping to one day tattoo all over my body, and this was the most recent addition.

message 21: by Anita (new)

Anita (neet413) | 127 comments “Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs.”
― Zig Ziglar

message 22: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (elven) | 3 comments “I had a sneaking suspicion that time was not constant, but I guess I could never prove it. I suppose it didn’t really matter. I even had a theory that time didn’t go in a straight line at all. I knew I was no Albert Einstein, but I had the sneaking suspicion that everything had happened, was happening, or would happen was really happening all the time. There was no past, present, and future. Everything was going on all at once and forever. If that was true, then each moment was eternity.” - Mark A. Roeder

“They grew up on the outside of society. They weren’t looking for a fight. They were looking to belong.” - S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders

“Once you’ve arrived at the end of the world, it hardly matters which route you took.” - Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies

“There are so many worse things than death. Not to be loved or not to be able to love: that is worse.” - Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Princess

message 23: by Ella (new)

Ella Alaniz (warning--known--fangirl) | 26 comments "Here is a small fact: You are going to die.
Reaction to the aforementioned fact: Does this worry you?" - The Book Thief, Markus Zusak.

“Another secret of the universe: Sometimes pain was like a storm that came out of nowhere. The clearest summer could end in a downpour. Could end in lightning and thunder.” - Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante

“The reason dying is so easy is because death has no meaning... And the reason death has no meaning is because life has no meaning. All the same, have fun!” - Janne Teller, Nothing

These are just a few, There are so many more I love.

message 24: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 9 comments Hannah wrote: ""if travelling was free
you'd never see me again"
<3"

I Looooove that one too!!

message 25: by Sumit (new)

Sumit | 8 comments I am in love with the though of falling in love one day.

This quote by Mirza ghalib makes me wonder "do i really know 'anything about love?" Absolutely nothing....

mohabbat meñ nahīñ hai farq jiine aur marne kā
usī ko dekh kar jiite haiñ jis kāfir pe dam nikle

Translation: In love, there is no difference between living and dying,
One lives by watching the beloved on whom life is lost

message 26: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 9 comments "Eran amantes eternos, buscarse y encontrarse una y otra vez era su karma" en Retrato en sepia
It means something like this: They were eternal lovers, searching and found each other again and again was their karma

message 27: by Anjali (last edited Feb 17, 2017 07:49AM) (new)

Anjali (anjaliagarwal01) | 1 comments It's so hard to pick just one out of so many! But at the moment I think it will be these two:
“We cannot do everything; we cannot be everywhere. If you want to have a good time, make it a good time!” ~Connor Franta
AND
“For every sad thing you think of, you should think of three happy things to chase it away.” ~Zoe Sugg

message 28: by Vitak (new)

Vitak (vitak_cheav) | 16 comments "One can see clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes".

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

“Oh." Dad frowns. "Why hasn't Annabel been teaching you how to walk in heels? I thought we had an agreement: I teach you how to be cool and she trains you how to be a girl."

I stare at him in silence. This explains so much.”
― Holly Smale, Geek Girl
“The End is Nigh!" the man shouted.
"Is there still time for hot chocolate?" Riley asked.
The-End-is-Nigh guy blinked. "Ah, maybe, I don’t know.”
― Jana Oliver, Forbidden
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
― Oscar Wilde
“I have died and gone to the land of bad novels.”
― Gail Carriger, Blameless
“Nerd girls are the world’s most underutilized romantic resource. And guys, do not tell me that nerd girls are not hot because that shows a Paris Hilton-esque failure to understand hotness.”
― John Green

message 30: by Alethea (new)

Alethea (greaterthanblue) | 43 comments “C'est courageux d'aller dans l'inconnu': It is courageous to go into territory unknown.”
― Gayle Forman, Just One Day

“You're just trying on different identities, like everyone in those Shakespeare plays. And the people we pretend at, they're already in us. That's why we pretend them in the first place.”
― Gayle Forman, Just One Day

message 31: by Nitish (new)

Nitish Andola (nitishandola) | 3 comments 'You may kill me, but I can hold you - and all the universe for that matter - in the grip of this small brain. I would not change. Even now"

- The Star (H. G. Wells)

message 32: by Samra (new)

Samra Yusuf Nitish wrote: "'You may kill me, but I can hold you - and all the universe for that matter - in the grip of this small brain. I would not change. Even now"

- The Star (H. G. Wells)"

Ohh thats a lovely quote!!

Jacob the Bookworm (jacobthebookworm) | 31 comments I think there should be a rule that everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their lives.- August Pullman (Wonder)

message 34: by Chocoholic77 (new)

Chocoholic77 | 14 comments "Everything ends, and it's always sad. But everything begins again, and it's always happy. Be happy. - The 12th Doctor (Doctor Who)

message 35: by Jaide (new)

Jaide | 14 comments "Music is moonlight in the gloomy night of life." - Jean Paul Friedrich Richter

message 36: by Jaide (new)

Jaide | 14 comments "I am chaos to your thoughts and you are poison to my heart." - Unknown

“But if I'm it, the last of my kind, the last page of human history, like hell I'm going to let the story end this way. I may be the last one, but I am the one still standing. I am the one turning to face the faceless hunter in the woods on an abandoned highway. I am the one not running but facing. Because if I am the last one, then I am humanity. And if this is humanity's last war, then I am the battlefield.” - The 5th Wave (Rick Yancey)

message 37: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurcooper) | 8 comments “There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.”

message 38: by sara (last edited Mar 27, 2017 10:19AM) (new)

sara (daggerandrosae) | 12 comments "From William Blake to Lady Gaga, from Rousseau to Rumi to Tosca to Mister Rogers, it's a curiously uniform message, accepted from high to low: when in doubt, what to do? How do we know what's right for us? Every shrink, every career counselor, every Disney princess knows the answer: "Be yourself." "Follow your heart."

Only here's what I really, really want someone to explain to me. What if one happens to be possessed of a heart that can't be trusted--? What if the heart, for its own unfathomable reasons, leads one willfully and in a cloud of unspeakable radiance away from health, domesticity, civic responsibility and strong social connections and all the blandly-held common virtues and instead straight toward a beautiful flare of ruin, self-immolation, disaster?" - the Goldfinch

“Sal, we gotta go and never stop going 'till we get there.'
'Where we going, man?'
'I don't know but we gotta go.” - On The Road

message 39: by Alan-Without-Poe (new)

Alan-Without-Poe Is it true that the night is full of sins, Justina? -Pedro Paramo, by Juan Rulfo

The Book Crusader (thebookcrusader) “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.”
― Stephen King

“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”
― Stephen King

“Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.”
― Mark Twain

“′Classic′ - a book which people praise and don't read.”
― Mark Twain

“If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.”
― Oscar Wilde

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”
― Aldous Huxley

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens

message 41: by Sejal (new)

Sejal | 19 comments "The world will be saved and remade by the dreamers" -Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas

"To the stars who listen"
"and the dreams that are answered" -A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas

Sorry, I've got my mind on Sarah J. Maas books, what with ACOWAR coming out in TWO WEEKS.

Non Sarah J. Maas book quotes:

"And what color do you suppose the depths of your soul are, Will Herondale?"
"Mauve."

message 42: by Maddie (new)

Maddie Flatt (maddieflatt) Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times.

message 43: by Mel (new)

Mel | 8 comments "Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure." - Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

"Books are the mirrors of the soul." - Virginia Woolf

“I knew that if I allowed fear to overtake me, my journey was doomed. Fear, to a great extent, is born of a story we tell ourselves, and so I chose to tell myself a different story from the one women are told. I decided I was safe. I was strong. I was brave. Nothing could vanquish me.” - Cheryl Strayed, Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail

message 44: by annesofie (new)

annesofie (ananasofie) | 204 comments open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever.
— anthony doerr, all the light we cannot see

his soul might be a sun. i've never met anyone who had the sun for a soul.
— jandy nelson, i'll give you the sun

while i'm gone, dream me the world. something new for every night.
— maggie stiefvater, the dream thieves

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

"Fear is only another Reason to try harder"
"A Baby is God's way of saying Life should go on"

message 46: by Puck (new)

Puck | 14 comments I found this one recently and I immediately fell in love with it:

“A library at night is full of sounds: the unread books can't stand it any longer and announce their contents, some boasting, some shy, some devious.”
- Helen Oyeyemi

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) | 160 comments Today's Favorite quote at least is: (Although can change from day- to day. You have been warned!))

"I do not like Green eggs and Ham. I do not like them Sam I am"

message 48: by Hollie (new)

Hollie (hollieg) | 2 comments "You don't see us,
and so we are everywhere.
And we will RISE up,
as RED AS THE DAWN" - The red queen

message 49: by Mylien (new)

Mylien Lai | 16 comments Favorite Quote:
"You and I are nothing but wild beasts wearing human skins."
-Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas.

message 50: by J.N. (new)

J.N. Bedout (jndebedout) | 27 comments While it's not from a book, it is a cute quote:

"You know what they say, you lie with the devil... you wake up in hell."
-- Horatio Caine
CSI Miami

« previous 1