Christian Ladies Book Club discussion

The Prodigal > The Prodigal- Chapter 9 Discussion Question

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Britnie (last edited Feb 12, 2017 07:14PM) (new)

Britnie | 352 comments Mod
At the end of the chapter Tom and Jack are talking about New Years Eve. Jack is telling Tom how he’s keeping his options open, and hasn’t made any plans yet. “You do that,” Tom said. “Hold your options open.” He got that faraway look again. “Because I’m thinking it could be an exciting day.” Do you think Tom has something planned for Jack?

message 2: by Britnie (new)

I feel like Tom has something up his sleeve. The first thing that came to my mind honestly was how earlier in the chapter, Tom was telling Jack how he hired a private investigator and a lawyer and found Jacks family. I can't help but wonder if Tom found a way to bring his wife and daughter to Mayfield for New years Eve to see Jack.

message 3: by Darlene (new)

Darlene That was my first thought too. Although I am much more excited about Tom getting to meet his granddaughter for the first time. I hope it is going to be sweet, whereas, when Jack sees his wife again, I am anticipating a lot of anger coming out on her part - rightfully so.

message 4: by Britnie (new)

Yeah I agree with that. I'm super excited about Tom getting to meet his granddaughter as well. I know it really means a lot to him to meet her before he passes. I also agree that the reunion between Jack and wife(I wish I could remember her name...) may not be as touching. She probably will be sooo angry with him(agreed rightfully so).

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Esparza | 119 comments Yaaay! They fixed her roof! I had a feeling! That was a fun part. I like that it became this who town deal. That was great.

I think that Tom definitely has something up his sleeve and that something is Jack's wife and daughter. He probably isn't saying for certain yet because the details are still being worked out. That will be such a sweet time for Tom though. I'm sure it won't be as sweet between Jack and his wife, but I am really happy that they will finally be able to connect and talk. I'm sure Jack wants to be able to apologize to his wife and talk to her. And I'm also sure (as a wife) that yes she will be angry and extremely hurt but she has so much questions and unresolved issues that she will never find closure in until she can communicate directly with Jack. I'm hoping when the time comes that there can be unity, forgiveness, communication, new beginnings, and bonding between all four of them.

message 6: by Darlene (last edited Feb 10, 2017 03:50PM) (new)

Darlene Wouldn't it be great if this happened more often in our communities. The church members seeing a need and its members getting together to help out. I think most Christians want to do things like this - to really put their faith into action and show the love of Christ, but they just don't know where to start. You need someone like Jack (fictional though he may be) to just do it and then others will jump in to help and do what they can.