Suffolk bookclub discussion

The Fire Child
This topic is about The Fire Child
archives > Fire Child - S.K Tremayne - November

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dianne (deemitchell) | 349 comments Read this last month, it was ok, got better as it went along. I may try another by the same author

message 3: by Jon (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jon I found it a bit chilling at times, but not the best spooky book I have read

Tracy Quarrell | 261 comments I agree, it lacked a little pace but I liked the history of the mines and the pictures. I am wavering between 3 and 3.5 stars on this one. The Ice Twins, by the same author had a lot of hype. I think it's a marmite book though from what I have heard.

Kathryn Parry (kathrynmorgan-parry) | 707 comments Mod
Not started yet. I so behind on my reading.

message 6: by Jon (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jon I was behind too, but then we had 2 weeks in Spain and I went through seven books. My wife was slightly amused, said that I might as well have stayed home and read. Just don't seem to find as much time to read when at home.

Tracy Quarrell | 261 comments Ha!! Does your wife like to read? In Gran Canaria at the mo, catching up on reading too.

message 8: by Jon (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jon She does, but doesn't find the time. Actually she is content when I read...keeps me out of her hair

Dianne (deemitchell) | 349 comments Just come back from the canaries, loved it. Great weather.

I’m a bit late with this one but a strange start.

A good story that felt a little like Rebecca but felt the ending was rushed.

Dianne (deemitchell) | 349 comments I agree about the similarity to rebecca, i felt that too

Hoped David would have some payback for how he was. Got off lightly?

Dianne (deemitchell) | 349 comments Yes, i felt it seemed to end oddly, set up just to be a shocking denuement, butt didn't really work. The early bit and middle sections were the best for me, a real sense of suspence.