Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Beta Readers > Love Me Like Music - Fiction chapters 1-3

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carly (new)

Carly Lohrmann | 3 comments Love Me Like Music is a fictional story set in modern-day New York City and West Texas. It's about Brooklyn Martini, a twenty-something with a past she's running from. The book is told in the first person and alternates between "now" and flashbacks from Brooklyn's past, until eventually past and present collide and the tragedy from her past that has been haunting her every day is finally revealed.

Throughout the book is a theme of music: every chapter is the title of a song, usually of the Indie genre. The idea is that readers will listen to the music that corresponds with each chapter, almost like a soundtrack to a movie.

The book is complete at 100k words, but right now I'm focusing on really fine-tuning the intro and first three chapters.

Thanks!!

message 2: by Sunshine (new)

Sunshine (sunnyetalhotmailcom) | 19 comments LOVE the concept! Lauren Dane does a bit of this, with songlists to go with the music mentioned in the book, but I like the chapter/song idea!

message 3: by Meegan (new)

Meegan (meeganrourke) | 2 comments It sounds like a beautiful story! I love the idea of threading music into the story.

message 4: by Carly (new)

Carly Lohrmann | 3 comments Meegan wrote: "It sounds like a beautiful story! I love the idea of threading music into the story."

Thank you! Are you interested in being a beta reader?

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 5 comments Hi Carly

I'd happily be a beta reader for you if you are interested. I mostly proofread but looking to branch out! Email me at ebookreviewing@gmail.com if you like. No cost.

Melissa

message 6: by Meegan (new)

Meegan (meeganrourke) | 2 comments I'd be happy to! Drop me a line on meegan84@gmail.com!