Outlander Series discussion

The Books > Outlander Series

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dave (new)

Dave | 2 comments I have seen many sites that have given the order in which the Outlander Series should be read. I am interested in reading the series but would like help in reading it in the proper order.
Thanks
Dave

message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth Sponzilli | 18 comments Book 1- Outlander
Book 2-Dragonfly in Amber
Book 3-Voyager
Book 4-Drums of Autumn
Book 5-The Fiery Cross
Book 6-A Breathe of Snow and Ashes
Book 7-Echo in the Bone
Book 8-Written in my Own Hearts Blood

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth Sponzilli | 18 comments There are also novellas that elaborate, or have a backstory to certain characters.

message 4: by Dave (new)

Dave | 2 comments Do you need to read them in any order? Or can you read the series then read those books? Thank you so much fir your help.

Dave

message 5: by Beth (last edited Jan 29, 2017 03:25PM) (new)

Beth Sponzilli | 18 comments For sure the series needs to be read in order. I believe there is a way to read the novellas in between the big books. I did not do that and you really don't have to. I read all the big books straight thru. Then I read a couple Lord John books, and then read all the small novella stories: Virgins, The Space Between, A Leaf in the Wind... here is a little note too from Diana G. herself explains the order in more detail
http://www.dianagabaldon.com/books/ch...

message 6: by Beth (last edited Jan 29, 2017 03:27PM) (new)

Beth Sponzilli | 18 comments In my opinion it is best to read the big main books first. And you will want to because this is where all the main things happen. The Lord John books were so- so for me. I did like The Scottish Prisoner the best. But the novellas are side stories and you don't have to know this for the big picture. Once you are done with the big books, then you will find you want to know more.. and then the novellas come in handy!!