2021 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2017 > TBR Twins, February

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3952 comments This was our biggest twin sign up ever! There are 92 participants, many of whom are participating for the first time.

Below are your TBR twins for February! Please reach out to your twin to choose a book to read. Post here once you've picked a book, and then we'd love to hear what you each thought of the book once you've finished.

If you do not hear from your twin, please let us know. Usually there are a couple twins who go MIA on us, and we'll pair you with someone else who didn't hear back.

Katelaine
Nurai

Cassandra
Aurora

Elizabeth
Nazrin

Robyn
Denise

Harsha
Tanise

Elaine
Lois

Marilyn
Roni

Amanda
Anna

Gemma
Beyza

Supriya
Kristina

Flora
Evi

Koyejo
Wenda

Daph
Christina

Anissa
Kelly B

Diana (msg 11)
Drithi

Alicesun
Amanda

Samantha
Laura

Babitix
Cait

Chema
Amber

Loraine
Kelll

Emma
Angela

Anneke
Brenda

Jo
Debra

Robin
Cindee

Ted
Annie

Renie
Melody

Sherry
Megan

Bhavik
Yara

Becky
Holly

Elii.
Kathryn (msg 33)

Rupak
Sabina

Mamadou
kyla

Jennifer
Misha24

Ashley
Alexxy

Ece
Stefani - SpelinExpirt

Fiona
Claire

Nicki
Kate

Diana (msg 18)
Craig

Marelis
Jess

Jessica
Ann

Tiffany
Kathryn (msg 48)

Allee
Dawn

Lauri
Lori

Rose
Lulu

Lizet
Alison

Ozcose
Kara

message 2: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3952 comments How to compare books:

1. Go to your twin's profile and click "compare books"

2. In the top right corner, set the "common shelves" to "to read." If you or your partner keeps the TBR list somewhere other than the "to read" shelf, then you can use the two fields under that to compare books.

This should give you a neat list of everything you have in common.

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 20 comments Is it just me or did my TBR twin change? ._.

message 4: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3952 comments I haven't edited the list since I posted it. What do you mean, Bhavik?

message 5: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3952 comments Ozcose and I will be reading The Traitor Baru Cormorant.

message 6: by Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (last edited Jan 29, 2017 09:21PM) (new)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 20 comments Oh I must have mistaken then I guess! sorry! :)

message 7: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 581 comments Tiffany and I have decided to read Every Last One by Anna Quindlen.

message 8: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 63 comments Robin and I decided to read Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 20 comments How much time should I give the partner to respond?
till the end of jan or midway through feb?

message 10: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3952 comments Bhavik, we always recommend a few days. Please let us know if you don't hear back.

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 20 comments Alright then! Will wait till Feb 5!

message 12: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Aurora and I are going to be reading The Bone Season. We've both had it on our to-read lists for a long time, so we're pretty excited.

message 13: by Kelly B (new)

Kelly B (kellybey) Anissa and I will be reading The Narrow Road to the Deep North.

message 14: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Pereira (babitix) | 151 comments Cait and I decided to read Matched (:

message 15: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (robotwitch) | 281 comments Rose and I will be reading Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic!

message 16: by Alexxy (new)

Alexxy | 270 comments Ashley and will be reading The Handmaid's Tale

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Jessica R. | 508 comments Ann and I will be reading Follow You Home

message 18: by Kailu (new)

Kailu McQueen | 8 comments How do I find out who I'm paired up with? I'm currently reading two books. One is a physical copy which will take longer, the other is an audiobook.

message 19: by Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (last edited Feb 01, 2017 10:27AM) (new)

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 20 comments You haven't registered yourself so you don't have anybody to pair with.

or if you have registered well then I will leave it to the mods.

message 20: by Kailu (new)

Kailu McQueen | 8 comments Thank you, I'll wait. I did get a confirmation that I was accepted to the group but if this is different from that, please let me know.

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 20 comments Accepted to the group?
Then it is definitely different from that.
You were just accepted in the group.
This group has various challenges that you can participate in.
This is one of those challenges.
In order to participate , you need to sign up for it.
In case you were just accepted and given warm welcome to the group , you will not find your name here as you were accepted in the group and not for this challenge.
To enter this challenge you need to sign up and find a partner to buddy read (for which you may be late but again you can ask the mods for that).

message 22: by Kailu (new)

Kailu McQueen | 8 comments Thank you! I'll figure out how to join the challenge then. Thanks again.

message 23: by Kailu (new)

Kailu McQueen | 8 comments Please sign me up for this challenge?? Does this request work to be added?

Kailu

message 24: by Barbara (last edited Feb 02, 2017 02:30AM) (new)

Barbara Pereira (babitix) | 151 comments Kailu wrote: "Please sign me up for this challenge?? Does this request work to be added?

Kailu"

Dear Kailu, wait for the Sign Up for March come out and then give your name to be paired up with another reader in March.

I'm sending you a message so you can see everything that happens in this group, ok?

xxxx

message 25: by Kailu (new)

Kailu McQueen | 8 comments Thank you.

message 26: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Thanks folks! Good answers.

Welcome to the group, Kailu. :) Feel free to reach out if you have questions.

message 27: by D.L. (new)

D.L. | 621 comments Christina and I will be reading Cinder

message 28: by Drithi (new)

Drithi (dritz95) Diana and I will be reading A Torch Against the Night

message 29: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthab237) | 61 comments I'm still waiting to hear back from my buddy but super excited to be doing this challenge!

message 30: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Awesome! Let us know if you don't hear back from them after a few days.

message 31: by Debra (new)

Debra Barstad | 362 comments Jo and I have chosen to read Slaughterhouse-Five

Bhavik (Semi Hiatus) (bhavik_elric90) | 20 comments Yara and I are reading The Alchemist

message 33: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments Megan and I will be reading Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children #2) by Ransom Riggs

message 34: by Alison (new)

Alison Chorney-Dubien | 105 comments Lizet and I will be reading The Zahir

message 35: by kyla (new)

kyla | 16 comments I'm still waiting to hear back my reading partner but I'm very excited to start :)

message 36: by Loraine (new)

Loraine | 24 comments Kelli and I are reading "Emperor of the Eight Islands" by Lian Hearn

message 37: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | -15 comments Denise and I will read Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between. We are both Gilmore fans and were feeling like a memoir this month :)

message 39: by Ju (new)

Ju Transcendancing (transcendancing) I can help out if someone is MIA, I thought I'd signed up for Feb but somehow didn't. My January partner went MIA, but I enjoyed reading 'Sorcerer to the Crown' immensely in any case :)

message 40: by Diana (new)

Diana Hudac (ladyanaid) | 196 comments Craig and I will be reading The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.

message 41: by Evi (new)

Evi Kosta | 11 comments Flora and I decided to read Gone with the Wind

message 42: by Roni (new)

Roni | 22 comments Good Morning. I messaged my TBR twin on the 5th but I have not heard back from her. She also does not have a TBR shelf so I just suggested a few books from mine.

message 43: by Cassandra (last edited Feb 10, 2017 02:36PM) (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Hi Roni! Sorry you haven't heard back yet. You might try reaching out to Ju (a couple posts above) to see if you want to buddy up.

message 44: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 342 comments Hi. I've reached out to my twin twice in the past 2 weeks and have not received a response. I'm happy to pair with someone else who hasn't heard back from their twin if needed.

message 45: by Roni (new)

Roni | 22 comments Ju and or Kristina....I would be willing to pair up with either or both of you on the TBR Twins for Feb.

message 46: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 342 comments Roni wrote: "Ju and or Kristina....I would be willing to pair up with either or both of you on the TBR Twins for Feb."

I'll pair with you Roni! I'll PM you.

message 47: by Ju (new)

Ju Transcendancing (transcendancing) Hi Roni! I've been out of touch for a few days, enjoy buddy reading with Kristina :)

message 48: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Thanks for repairing!

message 49: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 342 comments As an update, Roni and I will be reading Up from Slavery.

message 50: by Tanise (new)

Tanise (tfortes86) | 62 comments Harsha and I decided to read Thinking, Fast and Slow.

« previous 1