What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Chick lit, 40 something, Friends make a pact. Set in Plymouth.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Lansdel (jessielansdel) | 2 comments This book begins with one of the women getting ready for what she thinks is a lunch date with her partners boss. However, her partner has organised a surprise wedding instead. She is furious and runs out on the guy and all the guests.

At home, she is hounded by the press (she's a news reporter) then rescued by a friend.
Later, the woman and her two best friends meet up in a wine bar on New Years Eve and make a pact to accept all invitations and try new things in the new year.

One of the friends is unhappily married and she is a spend thrift and in debt. Her husband is having an affair with a younger man.

One of the friends is a talented pianist and does the music for an amateur drama groups musical.

The unhappily married friend meets a guy on line and goes to meet him abroad. He turns out to have a fetish for being whipped.

I believe the women live in and around Plymouth. The title of the book may be the name of the wine bar they frequent.

I hope someone recognises the plot and can help me with title and/or author.

Thank you.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37344 comments Mod
Plymouth, England?

message 3: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Lansdel (jessielansdel) | 2 comments Yes, Lobstergirl.

message 4: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments I think Gertie41 from Abebooks got this one right -

In Cahoots! by Jane Blanchard

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37344 comments Mod
Jessie, are you still looking for this or did you find it? Was it "In Cahoots!"?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

In Cahoots! (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jane Blanchard (other topics)