Suffolk bookclub discussion

A Christmas Carol
This topic is about A Christmas Carol
archives > Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens - December

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kathryn Parry (kathrynmorgan-parry) | 707 comments Mod
I put this safe to read now I cannot find it? Guess I’ll have to go through my bags and shelves bit by bit. Lol it give me an excuse to sort out my reading pile anyway.

Dianne (deemitchell) | 349 comments It should be free off gutenberg as a pdf to download

If I cannot find it I will download it. Probably got on on my kindle also as well. Driving me nuts where I could have put it though.

Just started this today. Should finish by tomorrow as it’s not a long story but struck how current the situation is mimicked within today’s society. I know we haven’t the work houses nowadays but with the amount of homelessness and period poverty in uk schools how bleak a world we live in at the moment.

Dianne (deemitchell) | 349 comments Very true

Just finished the story. Never read it before but a lovely read. On to the Chimes now as it’s a book of three stories.

Dianne (deemitchell) | 349 comments Yes, i read all of the christmas stories a few years ago, i think there are about 5 in all.

Three in the one I got.

Dianne (deemitchell) | 349 comments If you are interested they will be listed on wiki. They are all free on kindle.

I’ll look them up.

message 12: by Jon (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jon Is it bad luck to read this after Christmas? I am a little behind but hope to get to this in the new year. Or do I need to wait until next Christmas?

I don’t believe in bad luck with books and I think Christmas was also new to the uk at that time. Some thought twelfth night on the New Year’s Eve was more important.

message 14: by Jon (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jon You have given me a new deadline lol.

message 15: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Quarrell | 261 comments Great story. Love Dickens.