Play Book Tag discussion

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1)
This topic is about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
January 2017: Foreign Literature > The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson - 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susie | 4488 comments Like others, I felt a bit up and down about this novel. Because I was the last person on earth to read it, I had expectations that were a bit muddled. I had the impression that it was going to be unputdownable, and that wasn't the case for the first half of the novel where backstory was being laid. That being said, it certainly picked up pace for the second half and I was hooked. I enjoyed the complexity of Lisbeth's character, and I am looking forward to reading more about her now that I have decided that I will continue with the series. I am giving it 3.5 stars rounded to four.

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3751 comments I was on the same pages as you. Once that first 200 pages was slogged through it got way better!

annapi | 4822 comments I think everyone feels the same way. I know I warn people when I recommend this to get past the first 150 pages. But the exposition is necessary to the story.