What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Dystopia book or series about telepathic children/young adults. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lorna (last edited Jan 28, 2017 09:52PM) (new)

Lorna Doak | 2 comments The book I'm thinking of right now has a female protagonist who doesn't 'mesh' with other members of her community. They're all telepathic, but when they do a mind meshing in the classroom, she's the only discordant note.

At one point in the novel she's put in a room that cuts her off from the rest of the community's telepathy for a night, and is able for the first time to sleep soundly. She also has a connection with a boy from another habitat, and is believed when she mentions him. A group is brought together of a teacher and some peers, all of whom need to sleep in the isolation room to see if they can handle the separation from the greater community and off they go to find the boy's habitat.

I believe it's part of a series and that I also read the book involving the boy mentioned in this book, but I can't remember any of the titles and this book I described is the only one I can remember with any real detail.

message 2: by Cupcakedoll (new)

Cupcakedoll | 273 comments The Dream Catcher (Arc One, #2) by Monica Hughes

It's been a long time since I read it, but I feel like this could be it.

message 3: by Lorna (new)

Lorna Doak | 2 comments I think this is it! I seem to remember Devil On My Back, the protagonist which is the boy she ends up meeting. I've been wondering for years what it was, so I'm glad the mystery has at last been solved! Thanks!