Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Invisible (Invisible, #1)
This topic is about Invisible
BLIND DATE: ARCHIVED > ✔Pair K: Vicki and Nicole (February 2017)

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (last edited Feb 07, 2017 08:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Pair K: Vicki and ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix)

CHALLENGE 5

Genre: Thriller
Cover: One Person
Plot: Crime
Title: One Word
Name: Maria or Tyler
Setting: New York or pub. 2014
Hidden Words: blood, door, shadow, dark, fight

TOTAL POINTS: 31
descriptiondescription

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yay! I don't know about you, but I love a good thriller!!

We are partners again! Awesome!!

message 3: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments I haven't read a lot of thrillers, but I usually do enjoy them when I read them! I've found a couple options already; however none have full points, and they all seem to be several books into a series...not sure if that'll bother you. I'll post them here shortly

message 4: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Cross (Alex Cross, #12) by James Patterson by James Patterson
Genre: Thriller (1 point)
Cover: One Person (2 points)
Plot: Crime (3 points)
Title: One Word (4 points)
Name: Maria (5 points)
Hidden Words: ? (My Amazon was glitching)
Total: 15-20 points

Riptide (FBI Thriller, #5) by Catherine Coulter by Catherine Coulter
Name: Tyler (5 points)
Setting: New York (6 points
Hidden Words: ? (Still glitching)
Total: 19-24 points

message 5: by Vicki (last edited Jan 29, 2017 01:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Cross has 4 of the hidden words. Book isn't in it. 19 points

Riptide has 3 of the hidden words, not book or rescue. 23 points

Both of them sound good to me. I haven't had a chance to look. It's my birthday weekend, as you know, so I've been really busy. Tomorrow my hubby is switching shifts so he's going to go to church with me and we'll be helping my daughter move for a few hours. So I won't get to look for anything until later in the day.

I'm also FINE to read anything that suits your fancy because I picked our number. LOL

message 6: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments What hidden words are you looking for? I don't see "book" or "rescue" in these ones lol

blood, door, shadow, dark, fight

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments OMG! Lol I was looking for the Movie Night words! I'm so sorry!

message 8: by Vicki (last edited Jan 29, 2017 03:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Invisible by James Patterson

Cover: 1 person (2 points)
Setting: 2014 (6 points)
Hidden Words: blood, door, shadow, dark, fight
Total: 21 points

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I was able to look up the RIGHT words for Cross (Alex Cross, #12) by James Patterson and Riptide (FBI Thriller, #5) by Catherine Coulter and they both have all five words. The correct words LOL

Cross (Alex Cross, #12) by James Patterson 20 points
Riptide (FBI Thriller, #5) by Catherine Coulter 24 points

message 10: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Invisible is the only one not in the middle of a long series so that's my top choice from those. What do you think? My library had the ebook available so I'm set to go if you're ok with that one!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sounds good to me! We can't start until Feb. 1, right?

message 12: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Yeah. We have to wait a few days :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Do you want to plan to read it by the 7th for the extra points?

message 14: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Oh definitely! :) I love extra points! Even though it's like the show "Whose Line Is It Anyway" where everything's made up and the points don't matter ;)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments lol I hear ya but I feel the same way!

message 16: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments I'm up to Chapter 8! The chapters are short and easy. I'm interested in the plot and characters already. It's not my typical read, but it plays to me like a movie or tv episode.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yay! I'm glad you like it so far. I hope to start soon but I left my NOOK at home today so couldn't read it earlier. I'll get on it before going to bed or tomorrow for sure.

message 18: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Up to Chapter 28 now!

(view spoiler)

Graham: (view spoiler)

Emmy: (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Whoa! What page are you up to now? I can't find the chapters on my NOOK since it doesn't have the table of contents listed. I haven't even STARTED! But I will!!! : )

Still liking it?

message 20: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Yeah! I really am! I have an ebook, so not super sure about real page numbers. Mine shows me at 226 out of 727 pages. There must be a TON of chapters in this book! I'm not even halfway done!

message 21: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Eeeeeee. Some of the descriptions are pretty graphic! I guess it's hard not to be when talking about serial killers. It's definitely hard for me to read at times, though. I'm up to Chapter 50 now.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm glad you like it! I'm at 5% chapter 7 but I like it so far.

message 23: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Up to Chapter 103!

Demetrio: (view spoiler)

message 24: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Up to Chapter 113...

Mary: (view spoiler)

message 25: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Finished! I rated it 4 stars and my review is HERE.

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Wow! I am SO glad you loved it and thanks for warning me (readers) about spoilers! I'll be sure not to look at those questions!

message 27: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments This is one of those books where those kind of spoilers really do ruin the book. Once you know the twist, you can't be surprised, and the surprise is the whole point!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Well, thanks for putting that in your review. I was able to read 10 chapters today, so I'll post on what I read so far.

Graham (view spoiler)

Emmy (view spoiler)

message 29: by Vicki (last edited Feb 04, 2017 03:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments 40 Chapters

Freddy (view spoiler)

Graham (view spoiler)

Emmy (view spoiler)

The recordings (view spoiler)

Your next post isn't till chapter 103? You're KILLING me! (Maybe that's not the best verb to use!) LOL But you are!

message 30: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Sorry! Lol! I must've gotten onto a reading spree at that point. The chapters are so short they were easy to blow through. It's hard to answer your questions knowing how the book ends! It would be hard to say anything that wasn't a spoiler!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments lol I think I realized that.

Dick (view spoiler)

I'm so into this one! It's a page turner!

message 32: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Right?! Totally agree! (view spoiler)

I loved reading about the FBI's autopsy findings. That doc is GOOD! I was wondering if (view spoiler) I've watched a lot of crime type shows lol!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I didn't think about the (view spoiler)

Books (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'll finish this today. Hubby and I went to dinner last night and I thought I'd finish it after he went to bed, but I fell asleep instead. This book TOTALLY has my interest!!! I can't put it down; however, I have a hard time reading for very long periods of time because I end up falling asleep. I often take short little naps to rest my eyes because they start crossing. LOL But I will finish this today after church. My soon to be son-in-law is getting baptized today. So I'm not sure if we'll go out afterward to celebrate or what.

message 35: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments Lol! Sounds good! That's great about your soon-to-be son-in-law!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Nicole. : )

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) wrote: "Up to Chapter 103!

Demetrio: [spoilers removed]"

Hahaha! I thought the EXACT same thing. I wondered if he is (view spoiler)

message 38: by Vicki (last edited Feb 06, 2017 12:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Ch. 113

I also totally thought (view spoiler)

Mary (view spoiler)

Now I have 15 minutes of lunch left and I am HOPING I can finish it before the students come. LOL HURRY UP, VICKI! LOL

message 39: by Vicki (last edited Feb 06, 2017 01:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments OMG! And I am finished!!!!

I had to go with a 5 because of the following:

1. I was totally into it!
2. It was a page turner from the get-go!
3. I had several predictions but I wasn't totally correct on any; however, I was close...kind of. LOL
4. The intensity kept me on the edge of my seat...literally.
5. The end totally blew me away!!!

I was totally (view spoiler)

I also wasn't expecting (view spoiler)

I did expect (view spoiler)

At the beginning of the story I thought the best (view spoiler)

Why do you think the author threw in (view spoiler)

Mary (view spoiler)

So we got this one done by the 7th. I'll do my review after work today.

message 41: by ★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix), snowflakes and eyelashes (new) - rated it 4 stars

★ℕłℂØℓҾ★ (Nix) (ladyknightnix) | 5533 comments I only just saw your finished post lol. I think some notifications are slipping through.

Mary (view spoiler)

I thought it was kinda cute how Emmy was (view spoiler)

I'm so glad you loved it! :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yeah, this was a good read for both of us. YAY!