Play Book Tag discussion

Like Water for Chocolate
This topic is about Like Water for Chocolate
January 2017: Foreign Literature > Like Water for Chocolate - Laura Esquivel/ 4.5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley Breanna (ashleybreanna13) | 91 comments I loved this book! The whole story was spicy, romantic, passionate, & enthralling. It's a story of Tita, a girl in love with Pedro. But Pedro must marry Rosaru, Tita's sister. He does, but Tita's cooking effects everyone, by the mood she has when preparing said meals. Her cooking can bring on love, lust, sadness, sickness, anger, & more.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I watched the film many years ago and loved it. Perhaps I should read it now. Books are always better!

message 3: by LibraryCin (new) - added it

LibraryCin | 7967 comments I wasn't a fan. I read it long enough ago that I wasn't writing reviews, but I do remember all the cooking and I'm also not a magical realism fan (though when I read it, I didn't know what that even was, but now I do, and it helps me understand why I didn't like it very much).

Ladyslott | 1880 comments One of my favorite books. And I also loved the movie.

message 5: by Book Concierge (last edited Jan 29, 2017 05:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5484 comments One of my all-time favorites. I've read it 3 or 4 times ... once in Spanish.

5***** and a ❤

LINK to my review

message 6: by JoLene (new) - added it

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Susie wrote: "I watched the film many years ago and loved it. Perhaps I should read it now. Books are always better!"

Me too....I looked for it at the library for this tag, but it was checked out.

message 7: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 8094 comments This is one of those books that I remember reading years and years ago. Like you can't even really remember it anymore but you can still taste it? I think I really deeply enjoy this one. Whenever I see the title, It just makes me smile. And it tastes like a little bit of spicy home cooking.

Ashley Breanna (ashleybreanna13) | 91 comments I might need to find the movie!

Diane Zwang | 485 comments Loved this one too and the movie.