What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA (SCIFI) where the love interest has super healing abilities gives himself new tattoos every day?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Braedyn (new)

Braedyn Lemckert | 1 comments I read this years ago (somewhere btwn 2012-2014?), first book in a series. The main character (female) is sent to live with a group of people with genetic mutations (?) after her family is killed/injured in a car crash (I think?). She meets the male lead, who can heal so rapidly that he gives himself new tattoos every day (i think he does this out of penance for his sister or something?). He's super smart, works in the lab all day? She befriends his sister, who will only talk to her and the brother. (I should also note that he and the MC do not get along at first, but their relationship grows enemies-to-lovers style).

There is a garden on the roof of the building they live in. The MC freaks out after meeting one of the other mutants (who has two heads?) and runs onto the roof to try to escape, but cannot.

There's one scene I remember vividly, where the MC and the tattoo-guy are both essentially under the effects of a hallucinogenic/Sex Pollen type drug while the MC searches for her sister in a club (?) and they end up making out because they are so out of it.

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4162 comments Control by Lydia Kang?
Review on teenlibrariantoolbox.com mentions the fast healing part:
Cy has lived in Carus House for years, and has a mutation that allows for extremely fast healing and a backstory that means he tortures himself by tattooing himself daily, healing, and tattooing himself again
http://www.teenlibrariantoolbox.com/2...

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Braedyn, is Ayshe's suggestion -- Control -- your book. Please let us know yes or no. We crave closure!

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38155 comments Mod
Kate wrote: "Braedyn, is Ayshe's suggestion -- Control -- your book. Please let us know yes or no. We crave closure!"

No response in 2+ years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Control (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lydia Kang (other topics)