ReSisters: Dunedin Bookclub discussion

General Discussion > Welcome

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Athena (new)

Athena Macmillan (athenamac) | 22 comments Mod
Thank you for choosing to be a part of our community.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself and let us know what you are currently reading. Let us know what interests you in the area of reading and what you might be interested in reading in the future.

Enjoy having a look through our community and please feel free to join in at anytime to our book discussions or various other topics we may have going on. Although this a women's group is based in Dunedin, it is also open to people in any other area, of any gender, orientation and walks of like. We are LGBT+ friendly and open this as a safe space for all people. Intolerance will not be indulged.

You make our Women of Dunedin group what it is! Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your reading life and story.

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Hall (cindo13) | 11 comments Thanks for the invitation, Athena! I'm Cindy, and I love to read all kinds of books. Currently, I'm reading _The Slap_, _600 Hours of Edward_, and will soon start _I Am Pilgrim_. This is not a very representative group, though, as I like young adult fiction, fantasy/sci-fi, and authors such as Margaret Atwood, Marge Piercy, Anne Tyler, Joyce Carol Oates, as well as Tim Winton, Stephen King, and Ian McEwan. I'd love to hear from others!

message 3: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Gray (penny-rose) | 1 comments Thank you for the invitation, I am Lucy and I love reading. Currently reading two novels: The Lady and the Unicorn by Rumer Godden, and Moby Dick. Also reading several non-fiction books on climate change, aquaintance rape and textile design. I have read most of the Outlander books by Diana Gabaldon and also working my way through the complete works of Stephen King.

message 4: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla McGreer (priscillamcgreer) | 1 comments Thanks Athena, and hi everyone! I'm Priscilla and I'm reading "Two Serious Ladies" by Jane Bowles. I recently heard about this underground classic from Roxane Gay's Tumblr blog. It's a really great book, and I even recommend it to this book club. I'm looking forward to the discussions here.

message 5: by Sam (new)

Sam Hi everyone. I'm Sam and I lived in Dunedin in 2013. I loved living there and hope to one day return! I've just moved to Arlington, VA by way of London, UK and looking for work and just getting to know a new city ;D I've just finished reading Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson by Jacqueline Woodson and it is amazing. Beautifully written and accessible to everyone. Read with children or by yourself, it is a profoundly moving autobiography.

message 6: by Athena (new)

Athena Macmillan (athenamac) | 22 comments Mod
Nice, thank you for sharing that book, and welcome to the group!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Brown Girl Dreaming (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jacqueline Woodson (other topics)