Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Week 5: January 29 - February 4 (An Author You Love)

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments The theme for this week's challenge is to read a book written by an author that you love. I hope you enjoy your pick.

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments YAY! I'm reading The Amateurs (The Amateurs, #1) by Sara Shepard
Sara Shepard is a guilty pleasure of mine :D

message 3: by Trinity (new)

Trinity I am going to read Shadows (Lux, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Not only is she one of my favorite authors but this is one of my absolute favorite series!

message 4: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciajb) | 960 comments I'm going to go with Queen Alpha (NYC Mecca #2) by Jaymin Eve by Jaymin Eve. Her Facebook says it's launching early, so I should be able to read it this week. If it's delayed, Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1) by J. Lynn by Jennifer Armentrout.

message 5: by Jenny (new)

Jenny I really liked If I Stay by Gayle Forman, so this week I am going to try

I Was Here by Gayle Forman

message 6: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments Trisha wrote: "YAY! I'm reading The Amateurs (The Amateurs, #1) by Sara Shepard
Sara Shepard is a guilty pleasure of mine :D"

I lovd Sara Shepard and I liked this, I hope you do too

message 7: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments Trinity wrote: "I am going to read Shadows (Lux, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Not only is she one of my favorite authors but this is one of my absolute favorite series!"

This series may be my all time favorite, it's amazing

message 8: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments Alicia wrote: "I'm going to go with Queen Alpha (NYC Mecca #2) by Jaymin Eve by Jaymin Eve. Her Facebook says it's launching early, so I should be able to read it this week. If it's delayed, [bookcover:Unchained|12081652..."

Let me know how you like them

message 9: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments Jenny wrote: "I really liked If I Stay by Gayle Forman, so this week I am going to try

I Was Here by Gayle Forman"

I hope you like it

message 10: by Alicia (last edited Jan 31, 2017 05:40AM) (new)

Alicia (aliciajb) | 960 comments So I wound up reading Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1) by J. Lynn and Queen Alpha (NYC Mecca #2) by Jaymin Eve .
Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1) by J. Lynn was a bit meh, but Queen Alpha (NYC Mecca #2) by Jaymin Eve was amazingly awesome. Loved it!

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I finished up The Amateurs (The Amateurs, #1) by Sara Shepard
and I loved it!

message 12: by Allison (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments My choice is Everything for Her (For Her #1) by Alexa Riley

message 13: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Finished Shadows (Lux, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout ughh loved it and I've missed this series so much!!

message 14: by Jessie (Saffity) (new)

Jessie (Saffity) (saffity) | 563 comments Finished Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu I love Marie Lu and hope to get to read more of her books!

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1677 comments I read Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys

message 16: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Michelle wrote: "I read Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys"

How was it? I read Between Shades of Grey but wasn't sure about reading this one.

message 17: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Completion Post:

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
Book- ACOTAR
Author- Sarah J Maas
Date Finished- 2/4/17
Rating- 5 BIG STARS...I wish I could give it more.

While there were a few minor problems with this book, overall I just adored it and it was by far my favorite book so far of this year, probably of the last 6 months or more.

As for I Was Here by Gayle Forman which was the one I initially mentioned I was going to read, it got pushed aside pretty quick when I got sucked into ACOTAR, but I am 10% thru and hope to finish in the next couple days.

message 18: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (aliciajb) | 960 comments Jenny wrote: "Completion Post:

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
Book- ACOTAR
Author- Sarah J Maas
Date Finished- 2/4/17
Rating- 5 BIG STARS...I wish I could give it more.

While there were a few..."

You should definitely read A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas then. I loved it even more than the first one.

message 19: by Jenny (last edited Feb 06, 2017 05:45AM) (new)

Jenny Alicia wrote:

You should definitely read A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas then. I loved it even more than the first one.

Alicia- I desperately want to read book 2. I REALLY WANTED to move straight into it but felt that I should wrap up a couple other books I am in the middle of first. But it is coming, very VERY soon. :)