Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

104 views
Book of the Month 2018 > February - Paper Princess by Erin Watt

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sylvia (last edited Jan 28, 2017 02:00PM) (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Okay members, by popular vote and under the category of Romance you all picked Paper Princess (The Royals, #1) by Erin Watt by Erin Watt to be February's Book of the Month. This book is the first in The Royal's Series and if you haven't read it, please grab a copy and get ready to start it 1st February 2017. If you have read it, please join in the many discussions we will have. Very excited to read this book.

Happy Reading!


message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 2 comments Oh, this looks good. Not generally a big reader of the romance genre, but I'm always up for trying new things. Looking forward to reading along with everyone. :)


Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 152 comments I keep seeing these books everywhere. I think I will be joining in for this group read!


message 4: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
I need to find this one so I guess I will be making a trip to my local library next week.


message 5: by L. (new)

L. | 29 comments Excited to read this as well! It's been a while since I read any romance (that is not merely a subplot).


message 6: by Sylvia (last edited Jan 29, 2017 04:04AM) (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
YAY, very excited to have so many members interested in reading this already. I just discovered that the author is actually 2 authors under the pseudonym Erin Watt. They are Elle Kennedy author of The Deal (Off-Campus, #1) by Elle Kennedy series and Jen Frederick author of Jockblocked (Gridiron, #2) by Jen Frederick ...should be an exciting read.


Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 152 comments Well I got a deal on the trilogy so here's hoping I like it! Very excited about this one.


message 8: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Sylvia wrote: "YAY, very excited to have so many members interested in reading this already. I just discovered that the author is actually 2 authors under the pseudonym Erin Watt. They are [author:Elle Kennedy|19..."

I liked The Deal Sylvia. Hopefully this one will be as well written.


message 9: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Well I got a deal on the trilogy so here's hoping I like it! Very excited about this one."

Hopefully the whole trilogy will be wonderful Shera.


message 10: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Leo wrote: "Excited to read this as well! It's been a while since I read any romance (that is not merely a subplot)."

Glad you're excited for this one Leo.


Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 152 comments Tracy wrote: "Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Well I got a deal on the trilogy so here's hoping I like it! Very excited about this one."

Hopefully the whole trilogy will be wonderful Shera."


Ha-ha, yeah. The price of three was cheaper than one, so I don't feel too bad if it's a bust.


message 12: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Tracy wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "YAY, very excited to have so many members interested in reading this already. I just discovered that the author is actually 2 authors under the pseudonym Erin Watt. They are [author:..."

Me too <3


message 13: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Tracy wrote: "Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "Well I got a deal on the trilogy so here's hoping I like it! Very excited about this one."

Hopefully the whole trilogy will be wonderful Shera."

Ha-ha,..."


Hopefully it's not a bust :D


message 14: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (brittney_joy) | 4 comments I just read this and thoroughly enjoyed! Get ready for a steamy drama-filled ride!!


message 15: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Brittney wrote: "I just read this and thoroughly enjoyed! Get ready for a steamy drama-filled ride!!"

Yea Brittney.


message 16: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Brittney wrote: "I just read this and thoroughly enjoyed! Get ready for a steamy drama-filled ride!!"

Oh, I love the sound of that.


message 17: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 1075 comments I've heard its really good, a total guilty pleasure kind of read :) Got my copy from the library!


message 18: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "I've heard its really good, a total guilty pleasure kind of read :) Got my copy from the library!"

Awesome...the more the merrier.


message 19: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Ugghh, I have to go to the library! What am I waiting for?


message 20: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Tracy wrote: "Ugghh, I have to go to the library! What am I waiting for?"

Hope you get the chance real soon to head to the library.


message 21: by Lucie (new)

Lucie | 5 comments Just bought the e-copy. Not usually something I'd go for but I'm all for having an open mind and it'll be good to have something to discuss!


message 22: by Kelis (new)

Kelis This looks great!! Looking forward to reading this :D


message 23: by Nidhi (new)

Nidhi Bhatt This is my favorite book! I would love re-reading it with you all! I can guarantee you all would love it...


message 24: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Lucie wrote: "Just bought the e-copy. Not usually something I'd go for but I'm all for having an open mind and it'll be good to have something to discuss!"

Good to have you join in and try something different to what you normally read. Welcome.


message 25: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Kelis wrote: "This looks great!! Looking forward to reading this :D"

Fantastic, it's great to have so many members wanting to join in.


message 26: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Nidhi wrote: "This is my favorite book! I would love re-reading it with you all! I can guarantee you all would love it..."

That's so good to hear. I'm really looking forward to getting into this book. I've got it set up in my kindle already, ready for me to start reading.


message 27: by Laura (new)

Laura  (llbasaldua) | 789 comments I'll be getting to this one sometime this month, well the trilogy actually IF I can make it through the first anyways. Seems I just cant stand to read NA anymore.


message 28: by mxa ☂︎ (new)

mxa ☂︎ I really enjoyed reading this novel especially because of its unique writing that kept me hooked from start to end :D


message 29: by Sylvia (last edited Feb 06, 2017 03:19AM) (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Okay, who has finished this? I just read it practically in one sitting and I have to say, that it captivated me from beginning to end, even though it was utterly ridiculous, clichéd and had me rolling my eyes a lot lol. I bloody enjoyed it. Am I the only one?! I mean, this genre i.e. new adult, really sets me free of sorts. Books don't always have to say the right things or showcase why in real life you would not do what most of these characters would. I guess that's why it's called fiction and reading is escaping reality.
Here is my review for a somewhat clearer description of my reactions...Paper Princess Review


message 30: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
And, because I'm hooked, I finished off Broken Prince (The Royals, #2) by Erin Watt and I'm going to start Twisted Palace (The Royals, #3) by Erin Watt cause I'm seriously loving how over-dramatic and predictable it is. Very entertaining.


message 31: by Jenny (last edited Feb 07, 2017 03:49AM) (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 1075 comments Sylvia wrote: "And, because I'm hooked, I finished off Broken Prince (The Royals, #2) by Erin Watt and I'm going to start Twisted Palace (The Royals, #3) by Erin Watt cause I'm seriously loving how over-dramatic and predictable it..."

I've heard this series is very addicting :)


message 32: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
So glad you enjoyed it Sylvia.


message 33: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "And, because I'm hooked, I finished off Broken Prince (The Royals, #2) by Erin Watt and I'm going to start Twisted Palace (The Royals, #3) by Erin Watt cause I'm seriously loving how over-dramatic and..."

It really is lol I hope you get the chance to read it.


message 34: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Tracy wrote: "So glad you enjoyed it Sylvia."

I have been, Tracy. You going to try and read this?


message 35: by Laura (new)

Laura  (llbasaldua) | 789 comments I have the trilogy on Audio but I REALLY feel like I'm reading/listening to Fallen Crest High (Fallen Crest High, #1) by Tijan 2.0
It took me some time to get into that series and its still really in my "makes me LOL/to unrealistic but still makes me LOL" category.


message 36: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Laura wrote: "I have the trilogy on Audio but I REALLY feel like I'm reading/listening to Fallen Crest High (Fallen Crest High, #1) by Tijan 2.0
It took me some time to get into that series and its still really in my "make..."


It is extremely unrealistic but that's what I liked about it...it did have me LOL so many times because of it's ridiculousness


message 37: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 1075 comments Okay I finally finished this one! I ended up giving it a rating of 3.5 stars. A lot of the book I was thinking YUCK (view spoiler)

BUT, it was very addictive, and kind of fun! I wasn't sure if I was going to continue or not, but THAT ENDING--I know I'll have to read the next one to find out what happens next!


message 38: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "Okay I finally finished this one! I ended up giving it a rating of 3.5 stars. A lot of the book I was thinking YUCK [spoilers removed]

BUT, it was very addictive, and kind of fun! I wasn't sure i..."


See, even though we know it's wrong, the series is still very addicting. You will find that the rest of the series is the same but still addicting.


message 39: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 1075 comments Sylvia wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Okay I finally finished this one! I ended up giving it a rating of 3.5 stars. A lot of the book I was thinking YUCK [spoilers removed]

BUT, it was very addictive, and kind of fun! I..."


I know right? We know its wrong but WE JUST CAN'T HELP OURSELVES!! We HAVE to read it, to find out what happens next!


message 40: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Okay I finally finished this one! I ended up giving it a rating of 3.5 stars. A lot of the book I was thinking YUCK [spoilers removed]

BUT, it was very addictive, and..."


The authors just know how to suck us in.


message 41: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 1075 comments Sylvia wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Okay I finally finished this one! I ended up giving it a rating of 3.5 stars. A lot of the book I was thinking YUCK [spoilers removed]

BUT, it was very ..."


These authors sure do!!


message 42: by Lucie (new)

Lucie | 5 comments This was my review (I only gave it two stars because it was just bad in soooo many ways):

I can't say this was really my cup of tea! It has a hideous attitude towards women and not a single character behaved in a realistic way, it was all melodrama and shock factor. That said, I can see why it is popular and there were certain passages I enjoyed... I don't think I'll read the next one, at least not right away. The plot is ludicrous and action packed (though admittedly never boring), the writing is dodgy at best, and I generally find that if the word 'panties' is mentioned in a book it's not going to work for me! Happy to have tried it though :P


message 43: by Laura (new)

Laura  (llbasaldua) | 789 comments Lucie wrote: "This was my review (I only gave it two stars because it was just bad in soooo many ways):

I can't say this was really my cup of tea! It has a hideous attitude towards women and not a single charac..."


Agreed! 100% But I did finish the trilogy and the last two books I would give - stars if I could. BUT I only finished the trilogy because I had them on audio already and well audios aren't exactly cheap so ....


message 44: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Sylvia wrote: "Tracy wrote: "So glad you enjoyed it Sylvia."

I have been, Tracy. You going to try and read this?"


Considering I couldn't find it at the library and I don't really want to buy it i think I will skip this one.


message 45: by Lucie (new)

Lucie | 5 comments Laura wrote: "Lucie wrote: "This was my review (I only gave it two stars because it was just bad in soooo many ways):

I can't say this was really my cup of tea! It has a hideous attitude towards women and not a..."


I feel your pain! I have an audible account and have done the same kind of thing...


message 46: by Mere (new)

Mere | 2 comments Just finished and found this trilogy to be an entertaining read. If I had known Erin Watt is a pen name for a collaboration between Jen Frederick and Elle Kennedy I would have read this series earlier as I loved both The Deal series and the Undeclared series. These books are a departure for both of them because the characters are so much younger than they usual write. I definitely hear what people are saying about these situations being unrealistic, but for me that was part of the fun! It is fantastical, a modern day take on Cinderella.


message 47: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Meredith wrote: "Just finished and found this trilogy to be an entertaining read. If I had known Erin Watt is a pen name for a collaboration between Jen Frederick and Elle Kennedy I would have read this series earl..."

I didn't realise it was a modern take on Cinderella...how interesting. I'm like you in the fact that this series in nothing but pure entertainment.


message 48: by Mere (new)

Mere | 2 comments I saw it as one, at least. I mean, her name is Ella and her step siblings are cruel to her. She's the pauper amongst a bunch of royals... I guess after that the comparison kind of falls apart.


message 49: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 1075 comments I never even caught all that! I'll bet your right though, Meredith, I bet this was inspired by Cinderella!


message 50: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Meredith wrote: "I saw it as one, at least. I mean, her name is Ella and her step siblings are cruel to her. She's the pauper amongst a bunch of royals... I guess after that the comparison kind of falls apart."

Now that you say it like that, then yes, I can totally see the comparisons and it may truly have been inspired by Cinderella. I think it's because the siblings were boys, it threw me off.


« previous 1
back to top