Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Gods of Anthem (Gods of Anthem, #1)
This topic is about Gods of Anthem

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Created for group read

Emma | 12 comments Thanks Scott! Starting Feb 14th

message 3: by Quinn (new) - added it

Quinn | 460 comments sigh wish I can

Basia | 197 comments Hey guys! I know, this won't help all of you, but I think it's AWESOME!
Tomorrow (2/1/17) on Amazon, you can obtain the 1st book, renamed The Last City, for FREE!! And you may get the sequel, La La Land, for only $0.99!!! :)
Mwaaaaaaah ha ha ha ha.....
She's a great writer, guys. Truly. It's a compulsively readable book. And the sequel is receiving equally great reviews.

Basia | 197 comments If you know of any other way to spread this news, please do. The more, the better!

Basia | 197 comments And Emma? Thank you again for creating this thread.

message 7: by Quinn (new) - added it

Quinn | 460 comments *Glares*

Basia | 197 comments :) :) :)

Basia | 197 comments I would love to welcome QUINN to this thread!!! (Words I NEVER foresaw myself writing .... "Thread"? "Welcome"? Just weird words to put together into a sentence ......
Hurraaaaay!

message 10: by Quinn (new) - added it

Quinn | 460 comments How about some needles I am sure it will completed you

Basia | 197 comments I learned a while ago to peek at YOUR messages through one, half-closed eye, mouth free of any leaky stuff....

message 12: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma | 12 comments Well I've made a start on the Last City (apparently it's been renamed) and I'm off to a flying start. Now this is my kind of book- off to a flying start with the action...

Basia | 197 comments Emma, you are going to LOVE these!!!!!
Yes. Renamed to The Last City and the cover has been made cooler, too!

Basia | 197 comments You hooooo!!! QUUUUIIIII-IIIIINNNNN?!? Wherefore art thou, my meanie buddy??? ;)

message 15: by Quinn (new) - added it

Quinn | 460 comments *glare*

*glares sideways*

Basia | 197 comments There's my little Quinnteczka!!!!!!! :0)

message 17: by Quinn (new) - added it

Quinn | 460 comments Basia wrote: "There's my little Quinnteczka!!!!!!! :0)"

Quinnteczka?? what kinds of nickname is that??

Basia | 197 comments That's rewriting your name to say it in the sweetest way possible, like Batyushka.

message 19: by Quinn (new) - added it

Quinn | 460 comments -.-

Basia | 197 comments Oh, you are SO welcome!
So are we reading ANOTHER book together???

message 21: by Quinn (new) - added it

Quinn | 460 comments I set up thread for Green Rider if you want to join

Basia | 197 comments Hmmm. Will have to see what it's about.
Are you in on THIS buddy read??

message 23: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma | 12 comments Really enjoying this so far...love me some zombie action...the Specials are interesting and looking forward to seeing how they link into Liza's story.

Basia | 197 comments [fingers crossed fingers crossed fingers crossed]

Basia | 197 comments Oh Emma! Even the 2nd time around, it is beautiful. Like coming home.
It is so beautifully woven together.
Oh wait! Goodreads added a reread option I think! Let me mark it so we know where we are. :)

Basia | 197 comments Can't see it on my phone. I'll need to wait until I'm with my laptop again tomorrow, I bet.

message 27: by Quinn (new) - added it

Quinn | 460 comments Basia wrote: "Can't see it on my phone. I'll need to wait until I'm with my laptop again tomorrow, I bet."

Here it is https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 28: by Quinn (new) - added it

Quinn | 460 comments I will read this book soon, I have midterms this week so I have to studying yuck

Basia | 197 comments Oooh. Good luck. Will send mental strength your way!

You'd love this book, btw. Such a perfect YA story!

Basia | 197 comments And THANK YOU, Quinn! Best of luck on the midterms. Yuck indeed! Blech.
And if you ever need a paper proofread, I'm an editor!
You'll kick serious butt, no doubt about it AT ALL.

message 31: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma | 12 comments Jeremy Writer seems like an arse hole to me!

message 32: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma | 12 comments Chapter 49: (view spoiler)

message 33: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma | 12 comments Finished. Glad Tommy and Liza finally 'meet'. I realised by the second half that this story was really going to culminate in the next book, and I was right. I'm probably going to carry on from this to La La land quite quickly. I did like this but it was a bit too much of a mash up for me to love it. But now we've had the big reveal about Liza, I must admit I'm intrigued to see how the next one goes...

Basia | 197 comments I'm glad you enjoyed it. There was a LOT to set up!!
I'll finish it this morning, and should be onto LaLa tomorrow!! Can't wait to pick it up again!!! LOTS of questions are answered in the next one, I've heard. :)

Basia | 197 comments It took me by surprise though, the direction the story takes toward the end (away from laptop so can't hide spoilers yet today). Did you see any of that coming? Where they end up together??

Basia | 197 comments "They" not Liza AMD Tommy.

Basia | 197 comments Ugh.
AND

message 38: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma | 12 comments La La Land.
Chapter 5: this should be interesting- mixing things up, adding new characters into the mix and giving us more perspective on the bigger picture for the rest of America..
Basia I can leave off the spoiler tags if it is easier for you- as it's only us two....but then if I overtake you it may 'spoil' the story for you..

message 39: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma | 12 comments Basia wrote: "It took me by surprise though, the direction the story takes toward the end (away from laptop so can't hide spoilers yet today). Did you see any of that coming? Where they end up together??"

No! I didn't predict what happened to the (annoying) Jeremy, but I did think Liza and Tommy would meet.

message 40: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma | 12 comments Wow! I'm enjoying the second book much more :)

message 41: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma | 12 comments Chapter 16: (view spoiler)

Basia | 197 comments Omgoodness! Yaaaaay!

Basia | 197 comments I've had to take a break yesterday: Funeral. But I'm about to start chapter 8. How far into it are you?? YES! Leave off spoiler tags! That would be GREAT!

message 44: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma | 12 comments Basia wrote: "I've had to take a break yesterday: Funeral. But I'm about to start chapter 8. How far into it are you?? YES! Leave off spoiler tags! That would be GREAT!"

Yes of course..your grandfather, was it? I hope everything went smoothly

Basia | 197 comments Grandma.
It was HELL. But it's behind me. Thank goodness.

Basia | 197 comments What chapter are you on?

message 47: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma | 12 comments Just finished chapter 27

Basia | 197 comments How is it??
I'll catch up

message 49: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma | 12 comments Really enjoying this one much more. The chapters are really short so it won't take you long to catch up. I think it's better without the 'Authority' and with the new characters and loss of the Resistance although I'm sure they'll be back. It's reading much more like a typical zombie/ post apocalypse story.

Basia | 197 comments Yaaaaaaay!! Did you read the short story yet, btw? Barkley Five Oh?

« previous 1