Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Happy to beta swap - 6 short sci-fi stories (22,402 words total)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ted (new)

Ted Carmichael | 17 comments Hi,

I've written six spec-fic / sci-fi short stories about terraforming, AI, speculative corporations, etc. They're inspired by writers like JG Ballard, Philip K Dick, Will Self, Gene Wolfe, James Tiptree Jr, Arkady and Boris Strugatsky, Kim Stanley Robinson, Ryu Murakami, Stanislaw Lem, Thomas M Disch, JM Coetzee, Mario Bellatin, Clarice Lispector, and Ursula K Le Guin.

I'm looking for beta readers - and I'm also more than happy to beta swap with anyone who might enjoy this type of fiction. I'll read your stories or your novel or whatever you've written.

Thanks!

message 2: by Amandeep (new)

Amandeep Singh | 35 comments Hi there! I'd love to beta swap with you. My story is 80k words and is YA.

My story's blurb:

The premise: A superhero story with a twist!

It's the near future, and America has turned into a third world country because of a major economic depression. Sarah is a 16 year old homeless girl who lives in the crime-filled city of New Boston.

Sarah cannot control herself when she see's a crime; she jumps in to help no matter the threat on her own life. When Sarah accidentally ends up taking an action that dooms her whole city and everyone in it, she has no choice but to somehow save the day even though she's a starving girl who can't do a single pushup and can't take a light pinch.

message 3: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Clayton (chelscey) | 9 comments I'm happy to swap with you as well! I have a short urban legend/ horror story (just over 6k words) inspired by one of the lesser known beasts that lurk in New Orleans. Send me a message with your email and I'd be happy to swap.