What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Childrens historical fiction great depression. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 10 comments hello! i am looking for a book i read when i was younger (between 2003 to 2007) about a girl (most likely during the great depression and or dust bowl) who is made fun of by a rich girl at her church in the town because she wears flour sack dresses and the girl is ashamed because the pattern of he dress can be recognized... in the end the rich girl falls on hard times too and i think they become friendly??? sorry this all i remember and its bugging me

someones father left too.... either main girl or rich girl ahhhh

it is either childrens chapter or mg

message 3: by Katherine (last edited Jan 28, 2017 11:31AM) (new)

Katherine | 10 comments thanks i searched on google books and nothing came up about flour sack dresses or feedbag dress so i don't think its that one thank you!!!!!

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 10 comments Hmm I don't think so I don't recognize the cover.. it wasn't a major plot point to the story I don't think sorry I don't remember more !!!

message 6: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 10 comments I think it may be Survival in the Storm: The Dust Bowl Diary of Grace Edwards, Dalhart, Texas... I did go through a major phase of reading dear America books I'll have to see if I can find more information

message 8: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 10 comments Thank you! I believe that's it :)

Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛  (pinkhairedwannabe) | 251 comments Was it really? That was going to be my next guess haha.

message 10: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 10 comments :) thank you all!