Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Authors > Looking for Beta Readers + Proofreaders

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alechia (last edited Jan 28, 2017 09:07AM) (new)

Alechia (alechiadowcom) Hello!! I'm new to Good Reads (which is a shame, because I'm a former YA librarian!), and I've written a 93k YA Sci-fi, somewhat contemporary, and on the lighter side. I've revised, I've had some CPs, some betas, but I think I need a bit of help with commas and sentence structures (one beta told me I need some line editing because of it). And I'd love feedback as well :-) So far, people seemed to have enjoyed my MS-- it's about a powerful alien escaping to Earth from a complicated past, trying to save the world, experience life, make friends, and her fight not to become a villain. It has some romance, some violence, minimal gore, and some dark passages. If you are interested, please let me know!! Thank you very much and hope you are having a great day!

message 2: by Alechia (new)

Alechia (alechiadowcom) Thank you! I've changed it :-)

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 296 comments Mod
Actually, Alechia, the update is good, but unless a person asks for paid services, it is understood that the request is for free services. I'm willing to take a look at a small sample of the manuscript to see what help and advice I can give you regarding the commas. Do you think, given the guidelines, you can go through the manuscript and correct the commas?

Roughseasinthemed | 27 comments Lol. Tried to edit my comment and cleverly deleted it! Anyways, now it's clearer that you are looking for frees :)

message 5: by Alechia (new)

Alechia (alechiadowcom) Kathy wrote: "Actually, Alechia, the update is good, but unless a person asks for paid services, it is understood that the request is for free services. I'm willing to take a look at a small sample of the manusc..."

I think my nerves are getting the better of me and I want this to be perfect so I can feel confident to query. I've done a lot of revising, so if I can learn what my mistakes are, I can fix them. But I also need some more beta readers and some proofreading, just in case I miss things. Thank you, any help would be appreciated!