The Big Picture Book Club discussion

Little Bee
This topic is about Little Bee
Who has read "Little Bee"?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maggie H-G | 2 comments Mod
As the book clearly states on the back, "Once you have read it, you'll want to tell your friends about it. When you do, please don't tell them what happens. The magic is in how the story unfolds." So with respect to that, I will just make these observations:

I now look at the simplicity of brewing a cup of tea a little more differently, as does the purpose of painting ones toe nails with polish.

The writing of this book is tremendous. The use of language to convey who a person is and what they have been through has such power. I am so impressed by the characters and each of their unique voices.

And finally, reading the two pages of Notes plus About the Author was fascinating. To sit down with a cuppa with the author and his family would be so interesting.

Great book. I closed its pages feeling heartbroken and yet a little lightened in heart. Is that dichotomy possible?

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2 comments yes!! This book is so good. The writing, the characters, the story. I read it a year or two ago, so I don't remember everything, but I remember feeling the same at the end.

message 3: by Richard (new) - added it

Richard | 1 comments I am now enticed! I will have to get a copy of this book. :)