Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Don (new)

Don H.M (theayatollahofrock) | 20 comments Mod
Let's have some intros....
Starting Nice and Simple

1) What is your Name?

2) What is your favorite Book?

3) Have you written Erotic fan fiction about that book, if so then please share your erotic fan fiction?

4) How many seconds in infinity?

message 2: by Lizze (new)

Lizze Delgado Hey, Don. I'm Lizzie and sometimes I get mad at books. (is this like a support group?)

2.) I don't have one favorite book but I do love The Birthgrave by Tanith Lee, Rebecca, Prince of Tides, The Dark Tower...

3.) No Dark Tower fanfic as of yet but I'll keep you posted.

4.) As many as you want.

The last book that really pissed me off: Red Rising, I think. Or maybe something by the Beat writers. (they were REALLY sexist).

Last book that made me want to... I dunno, shoot heroin and ride a unicorn into the sun?: probably The Prince of Tides. Came out in the 80s but I just recently read it and, holy shit.

message 3: by Preston (new)

Preston Hellooo. I'm Preston and I HATE plotholes.

My favorite book is Return of the King.

Does Star Wars count?

As far as the eye can see.

By the way the most recent book that made me angry was Empire of Storms. I mean you can't just pull ENTIRE ARMIES out of your back pocket!

message 4: by Don (new)

Lizze wrote: "Hey, Don. I'm Lizzie and sometimes I get mad at books. (is this like a support group?)

2.) I don't have one favorite book but I do love The Birthgrave by Tanith Lee, Rebecca, Prince of Tides, The..."

Hey Liz, this is most definetly a support group. I support your agression towards shitty books. I just wanted a goodreads group where people are free to bash any and all books and authors. It's better if they have a reason to bash them.

The Gunslinger erotic fan fiction probably consists of Roland and the man in black having sex or Roland and Ja......fan fiction is evil

Beat writers will just pull a spinal tap by saying "What's wrong with being sexy".

I think Sexism can be hilarious, like in those 60's ad that told "the advantages of beating your wife". I bet some of the Men who went home and tried said "ill beat my wife today" were pretty surprised to learn that women had somehow figured out their their ultimate weakness. They could never figure out how their wife could ever find out that it hurts to get hit in the balls. So if anything Red Rising wasn't sexist enough, otherwise testicles would have been smashed.

message 5: by Don (new)

Preston wrote: "Hellooo. I'm Preston and I HATE plotholes.

My favorite book is Return of the King.

Does Star Wars count?

As far as the eye can see.

By the way the most recent book that made me angry was Empire..."

Star Wars fan fic, oh like the entire extended universe thanks to the hacks over at Disney.

It's writing so what if they weren't coming out of his back pocket. What if this was a world where when after soldiers died they waited to respawn into the world.....no that's stupid. Back pocket is way more likely.

message 6: by Don (new)

Hi Sarah,

No fucking need to censor the swearing. Jane Austen is a great "fiction" writer.

Jane Austen wrote a preachy ass romance novel set in what was for her a contemporary setting. By that logic everyone that isn't writing Fantasy or Science Fiction is doing social commentary.

Pride and Prejudice is a very straightforward romance that misses the point of Romeo and Juliet. Shakespeare wrote a timeless classic that is relevant today, it's true moral is that horny teenagers do stupid shit. In other words a social commentary. Austen fans try to peel back non existent layers on a vanilla novel and come out with answers to questions they didn't know they even asked.

Austen wrote fairy tales, her books were entertainment and nothing else. Same thing happened with Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, a song that written by Freddy as nonsense that has books written about hidden meanings.

Some people just have way too much fucking time on their hands.

message 7: by Lizze (new)

Lizze Delgado Red Rising had more relevant issues than sexism, if you ask me. I.E., that it was a blatant copy of something else mixed with inane action movie tropes. What an utterly derivative piece of cliched bullshit that book was, from start to finish. Blegh.

message 8: by Lizze (new)

Lizze Delgado You're in good company ;)
The whole Jane Austen crush that some people just can't tell other people about enough needs to take a break in the corner. She was so wordy and myopic. Makes me want to smack myself in the head with a shovel.