Anthro Fiction discussion

Book/Movie/Story Discussions > What is your favorite Sci-Fi Anthro?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Coghlan | 8 comments I'm going to admit to one series, and one novel that I know has a continuation, but I've never finished it.

Anne McCaffrey and Jody Lynn Nye's Doona Series. Mccaffrey's books have always been important to me, and it was renegades of Pern that first sucked me in, but after that, when I discovered a short of hers involving a flying brain and a cat-species, I devoured the novels in short order. I don't know why, maybe its the optimistic opposite of wing-commander, maybe its just the way the writing felt to me, but the Doona series holds a special place in my heart.

The other is William C Deitz's legion of the damned. A Mix of cybernetic warriors vs cat come together to battle an empire? If only the last act was not so rushed.

Alright, everyone else, let's hear yours.

message 2: by Dale (new)

Dale Crowe | 4 comments When it comes to anthros, I pretty much love them all and in all flavors and varieties. Some of the ones that stand out as being really well done are the Hani from Pride of Chanur by CJ Cherrhy, the Kzin from Niven's Known Universe novels and the Shofixti from the Star Control PC games.
There were also several great anthro races in Brin's Startide Rising and the Uplift novels in general. You just don't see enough raccoon anthros in books :)
Alan Dean Foster also create a non-standard protagonist with the Quozl...cute bunnyish aliens!
One of the weirdest I can recall are the anthro elephants that invade Earth in Footfall, another one from Niven.

message 3: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Coghlan | 8 comments Dale wrote: "When it comes to anthros, I pretty much love them all and in all flavors and varieties. Some of the ones that stand out as being really well done are the Hani from Pride of Chanur by CJ Cherrhy, th..."

I assume you've given the architect of sleep a go when it comes to raccoons...additionally, did you ever see the raccoon cartoon show of the 80's?

message 4: by Frances (new)

Frances (mothindarkness) | 1 comments I'm a giant fan of Andre Norton and her anthro scifi Breed To Come was brilliant. Probably my all time favorite furry scifi, though the new Kismet by Watts Martin is close... so close. Fabulous Space Opera.