Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > BETA READER AVAILABLE - ALMOST ANY GENRE

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle McPherson (mcphersonm9) | 3 comments Hello,

My name is Michelle, I am a very avid reader and an amateur author, as in, I have had published poetry and essays, I am currently working on my biography.

I generally finish 500-800 page books in around 36 hours after having started it. Although this is my average, I read books of all lengths and, if I enjoy the book, I have never taken longer than 5 days to finish; no matter the length. Being retired I have plenty of time, and even with grandchildren over, I just change my reading content to books to age appropriate for them.

If you view my Goodreads reading history, you will note my favorite genres are Dystopian, Science Fiction, and Historical fiction. YA or adult, doesn't matter. Although these are not my only reading interests. I enjoy almost all books, especially if they are well written, it's all about the storyline and depth of character. I am critical of grammar and editing errors, I almost always comment on these issues in my reviews. Please feel free to take a look at my reviews via Goodreads or Amazon.

I am willing to beta read in about any genre. I often follow up a true crime book with a romance. First book ends badly, followed by a book with a guaranteed good ending.

I retired as a medical records auditor (very dry reading indeed), and I have a multitude of hobbies and experiences to draw from when reading a book. Such as: camping, hiking, hunting, canoeing, spelunking, canning, gardening, photography, and auto-racing. I am a prepper and a survivalist. I have been a military wife, a carnie, homeless, rape survivor, abuse survivor, cancer survivor, freelance photographer, a model, a mother, a live music club manager, civil rights activist, and an educator. I do 75% of my reading at my husbands baseball games. This is just a small list of my experiences - all of which I draw on when reading a book.

Please feel free to pm me if you would like me to read for you.

Sincerely,

Michelle McPherson

message 2: by Elisa (new)

Elisa | 164 comments Maybe it's because I'm on my phone, but I can't seem to send you a PM

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Thyssen (rachelthijssen) | 121 comments Hey Michelle,

I'm afraid we can't PM you if you're account is on private.

-Rachel

message 4: by Cimone (last edited Jan 27, 2017 01:40PM) (new)

Cimone Watson | 93 comments I'd like to PM you, too. Should I add you as a friend first?

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle McPherson (mcphersonm9) | 3 comments I take all friend requests. I will come off
One for awhile to help out.

Michelle

message 6: by Lea (new)

Lea McKee | 36 comments I have a YA dystopia with light sci-fi elements that is complete and has undergone several self-edits. It is 70k words, about average for the genre. If interested you can email me at McKee.lea@gmail.com and I will send you a sample to see if it's up your alley :)

Cheers!

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle McPherson (mcphersonm9) | 3 comments Will email tomorrow!

message 8: by GR (new)

GR Oliver | 45 comments Do you charge for your services? I'm retired and living on a fixed income. So, compensating you would be a book once published. I write for the enjoyment and craft.

message 9: by Jeno (new)

Jeno (jenomarz) | 4 comments I have an adult science fiction/adventure novel set on an alien world (no humans involved). 90K long, a draft, and English is not my native languages, so my self-edits are limited. I can send you a sample chapter to see if you'd be interested. onidroid@gmail.com

--Jeno

message 10: by Delara (new)

Delara (bookwnoname) | 0 comments I've requested you as a friend. Would love to chat about your services. I'll msg you once we are connected!

message 11: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (jeanielong) | 62 comments Hi Michelle:
I read your background, and I'm wondering if you would be interested in reading a novel I'll be finishing up this week.
It has adult content (not erotica), language, suggestions of violence (as symbolism), etc. As modern-day literary romance with a pop culture twist, it is both humorous and dramatic, running the full gamut of emotions.
It runs around 150K words and the target audience is female (although men have enjoyed the manuscript very much) between 18 and 50.
If you're interested, I'd love a fresh set of eyes, especially with your background. Just let me know.

Jeanie