2017 Discover Further Book Challenge discussion

Just started Bossypants

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (last edited Jan 27, 2017 12:47PM) (new)

Linda (rlinda19) | 25 comments I finally finished the Harry Potter series!! I didn't love these books, but I liked them very much. The characters and storylines were just so fun to be a part of the past little while. And now I'm ready and excited to exit Potter-World and see what else there is out there! I just got Bossypants by Tina Fey from Overdrive and started it today. This will be my book by a comedian.
There has been some crude language so far.....but besides that, pretty funny. Has anyone else read this?

message 2: by K (new)

K (auntiek) | 16 comments I read and enjoyed it, Linda, but I confess I don't remember much. I'm thinking about Jim Gaffigan for my book by a comedian.

message 3: by K (new)

K (auntiek) | 16 comments sort of on topic, I've thought about rereading all the Harry Potter's in a row, because I don't remember much of them either. So I think it's nice that you at least read them together.

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda (rlinda19) | 25 comments Bossypants was good. She had so many funny thoughts. I was distracted too much by all the crudeness (language, topics) of it though---so that's unfortunate.
Harry Potter was so fun to read! I mostly listened to the audiobooks which are truly amazing. Jim Dale is the man.

message 5: by K (new)

K (auntiek) | 16 comments Oh, yes, Jim Dale is wonderful, Linda. Another fun listen if you can find it, and a great narrator, is Witch Week by Diana Wynne Jones, read by Gerard Doyle.Witch Week

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda (rlinda19) | 25 comments Awesome! Thanks! I'll see if I can find it on overdrive. I'm loving audiobooks lately. Can listen and be entertained while doing laundry, dishes, etc. And it motivates me to clean since I want to keep listening! My house has never been so clean. haha.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Wade | 34 comments Mod
K- I've read that Jim Gaffigan book, he's pretty funny.

2017 Discover Further Book Challenge

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Witch Week (other topics)