This topic is about The Husband
Archives 2016-2017 > The Husband / Dean Koontz - 3.5***

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5999 comments The Husband by Dean Koontz
The Husband - Dean Koontz
Audiobook performed by Holter Graham
3.5***

Mitch Rafferty runs a small, 2-man, landscaping business. He’s in the middle of planting impatiens in a client’s yard when he gets a call on his cell-phone. His wife starts with “Whatever happens, I love you.” Then the kidnapper gets on the line and demands $2 million. There must be some mistake; he and his wife have less than $12,000 to their name. But the kidnapper is adamant that “If you love your wife enough” Mitch will find a way to come up with the ransom in time.

Well, this was a wild ride! The formula is pretty standard, and I was pretty certain the “good guys” would win. Trouble is, who are the “good guys”? Koontz includes multiple twists in the plot so that every time I thought I had figured it out, I was proven wrong. The ending felt rushed and unfinished to me, but I definitely enjoyed the ride.

This is the first book by Koontz that I’ve read. It’s not great literature, but it sure held my attention and I’ll definitely read more from him. Especially when I’m in the mood for a fast-paced, entertaining thriller.

Holter Graham does a fine job narrating the audio version. He has good pacing and I believed in the characters as he voiced them.

LINK to my review

Regina Lindsey | 1005 comments I've read a couple of his works, including this one. He's not the author for me but this was one of the better experiences for me.