Challenge Corner discussion

When We Collided
This topic is about When We Collided
Let's Buddy! - Contemporary > When We Collided by Emery Lord->Starting February 20th, 2017

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments We are seventeen and shattered and still dancing. We have messy, throbbing hearts, and we are stronger than anyone could ever know…

Jonah never thought a girl like Vivi would come along.

Vivi didn’t know Jonah would light up her world.

Neither of them expected a summer like this…a summer that would rewrite their futures.

In an unflinching story about new love, old wounds, and forces beyond our control, two teens find that when you collide with the right person at just the right time, it will change you forever.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) Picking this one up from the library today!

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Excellent! I'm hoping to get it started tonight or tomorrow.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) Just finished chapter two. Vivi's chapter was exhausting, but I think it was supposed to be. I really like Jonah and feel for everything he's going through at home. I think that chapter captured the dysfunction of a big family really well.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) Chapter Six (view spoiler)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I still haven't started. But hopefully today!

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Just read the first two chapters. Really good so far. I relate to both Vivi and Jonah a lot. Vivi for the mental health stuff that was hinted at, and Jonah for the family. I'm next to youngest of 11, so not one of the older ones but the family dynamic is relatable. And sometimes I feel like the older sibling.

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Kaylin wrote: "Chapter Six [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Through chapter 7. (view spoiler)

message 10: by C.P. (new) - rated it 3 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Through chapter 9. (view spoiler)

message 11: by C.P. (new) - rated it 3 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Through chapter 12. (view spoiler)

message 12: by C.P. (new) - rated it 3 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Through chapter 15. (view spoiler)

message 13: by C.P. (new) - rated it 3 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Random thought about something mentioned in one of the chapters I read recently.

Vivi said something about hands and how Jonah's hands are beautiful, but people overlook hands all the time. Personally, hands are one of the main things I notice about a person. Haha.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) Got busy with work, but I'm still trying to finish this!

Chapter 13 (view spoiler)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) C P wrote: "Random thought about something mentioned in one of the chapters I read recently.

Vivi said something about hands and how Jonah's hands are beautiful, but people overlook hands all the time. Person..."

I haven't reached that part yet, but I think that's really interesting! I don't often look at people's hands, unless I'm trying to start an IV (I'm in EMS) but I think I might find myself doing so more now, lol.

message 16: by C.P. (new) - rated it 3 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Yeah, I don't know why I pay so much attention to hands.

message 17: by C.P. (new) - rated it 3 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Kaylin wrote: "Got busy with work, but I'm still trying to finish this!

Chapter 13 [spoilers removed]"

I'm right there with you on this. Not really sure what my feelings about her are right now.

I also need to finish this! Hopefully by the weekend. Just needed a break from it.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) C P wrote: "Yeah, I don't know why I pay so much attention to hands."

I think that's actually really cool. It's always interesting to hear what other people notice

message 19: by C.P. (new) - rated it 3 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments It really is! Everyone notices different things about people/situations.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) Chapter 18 (view spoiler)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) Chapter 22: (view spoiler)

message 22: by C.P. (new) - rated it 3 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Through chapter 23. (view spoiler)

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) C P wrote: "Through chapter 23. I understand that Vivi has a lot of problems, but I really have a hard time liking her. I'm having a hard time getting my thoughts in order about all this.

I feel bad for Jonah..."

I just finished this earlier, and I'm on the same wavelength as you. (view spoiler)

Have you read any of Emery Lord's other books? And if so, how do you think they compare? I liked the writing style and want to try another. :)

message 24: by C.P. (new) - rated it 3 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I love The Start of Me and You! The writing in that was really great as well and I loved the characters and story. A few things annoyed me, but it's one of my favorite books from last year.

I own Open Road Summer and have The Names they Gave Us from Netgalley. So I'm hoping to read those soon as well.

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) (kaylin_14) The Start of Me and You looks really great! I am definitely going to have to get my hands on it.

message 26: by C.P. (new) - rated it 3 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Yes! It was amazing. I just...read it!

I just finished this one. It's good but...still. Not my favorite. I feel like everything with Vivi was too rushed. It needed a little more exploration. Not sure. Still, I did enjoy it.