Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 54k Character-driven soft Sci-fi/Dystopic Romance - Willing to swap and/or write testimonials

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.W. (last edited Jan 27, 2017 08:14PM) (new)

A.W. (awincross) | 16 comments Hi all!

I am looking for betas for my new character-driven, soft sci-fi/dystopian romance(!) novel, The Seeds of Winter.

Short blurb:

In the aftermath of the gigadeath Artilect War, Ailith, one of a new generation of cyborgs, must fight for her survival. From those who would worship her to those who would exploit her, in a world she no longer knows, who is the real enemy? The factions that formerly tried to destroy her? Those she meets along the way? Or does her most fatal enemy come from within? *sinister music*

This is hopefully going to be the first book in a series. There are sexual elements in it and violence, just so you know :-)

And what do you get in exchange?

For other authors, I am willing to swap and beta for manuscripts in the soft sci-fi, dystopian or romance (all sub-genres) genres.

For editors gathering experience, I am happy to write a testimonial.

For readers (and authors and editors), if/when the book is published, you will be profusely thanked in print and online and I will send you an ARC because you are the best!

PM me if you're interested, or let me know here. Thank you <3<3<3

message 2: by Keith (new)

Keith Oxenrider (mitakeet) | 1166 comments Hmm. Could be interesting. I can't PM you for some reason, let me know if you would like me to take a look. I have one I' sending to my editor in mid Feb, so any feedback would have to be quick. Also, it's 80K, so perhaps not what you're looking for.

message 3: by A.W. (new)

A.W. (awincross) | 16 comments Thanks for your reply Keith! Can you give me a little more info about your MS?

message 4: by Keith (new)

Keith Oxenrider (mitakeet) | 1166 comments “Diary of a Contract Killer”, ~80K. An unconventional love story between trained killers. Adult contemporary fiction, with elements of spy, crime and espionage, tied together with the love story.

I've 'polluted' the beta reader forum if you want to troll around some. If you PM me I can send you a blurb.

message 5: by A.W. (new)

A.W. (awincross) | 16 comments Thanks, Keith,

I'm afraid I don't read/enjoy novels with spy/crime themes or contemporary fiction so I would probably be of limited use to you :-( I 'm sure you'll have no problem getting other takers though!

message 6: by Keith (new)

Keith Oxenrider (mitakeet) | 1166 comments I could take a look at yours, if you're interested...

message 7: by Amandeep (new)

Amandeep Singh | 35 comments Hi there! I'd love to beta swap with you. My story is 80k words and is YA/ Dystopian.

My story's blurb:

The premise: A superhero story with a twist!

It's the near future, and America has turned into a third world country because of a major economic depression. Sarah is a 16 year old homeless girl who lives in the crime-filled city of New Boston.

Sarah cannot control herself when she see's a crime; she jumps in to help no matter the threat on her own life. When Sarah accidentally ends up taking an action that dooms her whole city and everyone in it, she has no choice but to somehow save the day even though she's a starving girl who can't do a single pushup and can't take a light pinch.

message 8: by A.W. (new)

A.W. (awincross) | 16 comments Amandeep wrote: "Hi there! I'd love to beta swap with you. My story is 80k words and is YA/ Dystopian.

My story's blurb:

The premise: A superhero story with a twist!

It's the near future, and America has turned ..."

I've pm'd you :-)